The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson VS Tryamkin Poll

Sean Avery

Gudbranson VS Tryamkin Poll  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Any one know how Mceneny's game is in Utica?

The kid might prove to be another great find by JB and his confidante's.

McEneny was a Gillis signing. He was inked to a 3-year ELC in 2012 and that contract slid twice while he was playing in the OHL (and that's why we've effectively gotten five years out of a three year deal).

But yeah, he's been playing well. Lots of very positive game reports from the fans in Utica. I've posted some stuff in the Prospects forum in both the Utica thread and the McEneny player thread and there's been a fair amount of discussion over the past couple weeks regarding his progress.

18 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

That's a tough tough dilemma.

Hopefully Vegas doesn't know much about Sbisa. He is still flying under the radar.

I'm pretty sure mcphee has sbisa as his desktop wallpaper. Benning has other plans though. 

Two big dudes that can hit and intimidate AND play the game.  Well done Benning on been true to your word and solidifying the defense...It's already paying big dividends.  Choose Tryamkin as it appears he has more upside....Let's hope we can keep these guys at a reasonable cap hit.

Id love to see Tryamkin in the playoffs, I feel like he could be a dominating defensive factor. 

With Gudbranson, its easy to forget he is only 24. Plenty of time to develop and he is already a very solid top 4. 
Its hard to pick between them, and I hope they stick with us for awhile. 

27 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I think the real question is who do we expose in the expansion draft - Gudbranson or Sbisa?

Sbisa is looking like a legit top 4, while Gudbranson has been suspect at times, and is going to miss the majority of the season with injury. 

Can only protect 3 of: 

Edler

Tanev

Gudbranson

Sbisa

Its become a tough choice now, losing one of Sbisa, Granny or Baer stinks. Couldn't say that in October. If Guddy is unprotected, McCann was wasted. To keep Granny and Baer, Hansen has to go. Trading Sbisa doesn't  protect Granny or Baer. 

My money is on Jim doing nothing at the TDL. If he gets offered peanuts (4th or 5th rounders) for Sbisa and Hansen he'll probably elect to keep them in the effort to make the playoffs. 

8 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

McEneny was a Gillis signing. He was inked to a 3-year ELC in 2012 and that contract slid twice while he was playing in the OHL (and that's why we've effectively gotten five years out of a three year deal).

But yeah, he's been playing well. Lots of very positive game reports from the fans in Utica. I've posted some stuff in the Prospects forum in both the Utica thread and the McEneny player thread and there's been a fair amount of discussion over the past couple weeks regarding his progress.

Thanks for the correction Sid, 

maybe I read an article without looking at the date, I will double check, thought we just re-signed him.

Understand an injury had him out for quite a while at some point (acl?), and was still adjusting from it.

10 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

You must not ever have two (perceptively) similar players on the roster and thus must dispose of one as being completely redundant.

You must also simply lose them for nothing via expansion instead of trying to move one  (+ a forward).

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Its become a tough choice now, losing one of Sbisa, Granny or Baer stinks. Couldn't say that in October. If Guddy is unprotected, McCann was wasted. To keep Granny and Baer, Hansen has to go. Trading Sbisa doesn't  protect Granny or Baer. 

My money is on Jim doing nothing at the TDL. If he gets offered peanuts (4th or 5th rounders) for Sbisa and Hansen he'll probably elect to keep them in the effort to make the playoffs. 

Whether at the TDL or in the summer pre-expansion, move one of Edler/Tanev + one of Granlund/Baer for an upgrade at forward.

Likely we 'only' lose Gaunce in that scenario. Still a bit crappy but far more manageable.

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

You must also simply lose them for nothing via expansion instead of trying to move one  (+ a forward).

Whether at the TDL or in the summer pre-expansion, move one of Edler/Tanev + one of Granlund/Baer for an upgrade at forward.

Likely we 'only' lose Gaunce in that scenario. Still a bit crappy but far more manageable.

Yah, could be. Tanev would be a hell of a pickup for any contender tho. Or the Leafs. 

Tryamkin by a mile. He's bigger, faster, meaner, smarter, stronger and shoots harder than Gudbranson. He also doesn't look as friendly. I'd be a lot more intimidated trying to get by Tryamkin than Gudbranson. Any player with speed will make Guddy's ankles look like rubber.

Tryamkin reminds me a bit like a younger Edler.  Big mobile guy who can throw big hits and be a physical force..... yet would never really intimidate anyone or provide any grit (cheapshots, after the whistle scrums, etc).  

Gudbranson is more like a Willie Mitchell, except bigger and willing to drop the gloves when the situation requires it.  

Either than they are huge, mobile and defense-first (at least at the moment)... they are completely different type of player.  

Archived