The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson VS Tryamkin Poll

Sean Avery

Gudbranson VS Tryamkin Poll  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Both great players that bring different things to this team.

I love the leadership Guddy brings to the team and the physicality Tram is giving us. 

Both great players that i would love to have on this team going forward.

2 hours ago, Sean Avery said:

Interested to see which physical/defensive defenseman the Canucks fan base prefers more.

I didn't vote because there's no choice for both? I would like to see both stick around, way to early to say which out of the 2 will be better butr I do think Guddy is more of a leader and taking care of business in standing up for his teammates and Tryamkin could end up being a beast, crushing guys and great intiimitater . I'm glad we have both of them

Like many have said, love what Guddy brings to the table - his toughness and leadership are an essential and welcomed addition to rebuild around.

Tryamkin, however, just has something special about him. Sky's the limit with that kid and it's fantastic.

18 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

Guddy's only 24 he has alot of room and time to get better but we have not seen him at his best because of injuries.

He's actually 25. Not that that is old or anything but he'll be entering his 7th NHL season next year, while Tryamkin will basically have only played 1 full season on north american ice. So IMO Gudbranson is pretty close to reaching his ceiling. While Tryamkin is barely scratching the surface.

Just now, VIC_CITY said:

He's actually 25. Not that that is old or anything but he'll be entering his 7th NHL season next year, while Tryamkin will basically have only played 1 full season on north american ice. So IMO Gudbranson is pretty close to reaching his ceiling. While Tryamkin is barely scratching the surface.

Thats cool we can agree to disagree. I think they hold the same value as of right but they bring a different skill to the game. I want to keep both and I don't care who's 1-2 or 3-4 pairing

4 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I think the real question is who do we expose in the expansion draft - Gudbranson or Sbisa?

Sbisa is looking like a legit top 4, while Gudbranson has been suspect at times, and is going to miss the majority of the season with injury. 

Can only protect 3 of: 

Edler

Tanev

Gudbranson

Sbisa

Thats actually a tough call... I mean between Edler Sbisa and Okbranson. 

Sbisa has played way above expectations (after last season especially) looks like he can handle some minutes, is still young and would be a shame to lose.

Guddy .. well he hasn't been the monster he looked like he was during the panthers playoff run, and he isn't signed long term.. but he is also young and physical, new team etc

Edler plays like a man half his size, always has (besides half of one playoff run) and doesn't really stick up for his team, and he's old.

OK I'm not the biggest Edler fan, but I'll admit the win/loss when Edlers out doesn't lie, and he's good for 20+ mins every game... with less minutes and an offensive D partner (al a Ehroff, 49 points) he could be great again.

whoever they choose to expose, bring in a good puck moving defenceman, we have the the defensive d-men covered. Jesus do we ever.

8 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I think the real question is who do we expose in the expansion draft - Gudbranson or Sbisa?

Sbisa is looking like a legit top 4, while Gudbranson has been suspect at times, and is going to miss the majority of the season with injury. 

Can only protect 3 of: 

Edler

Tanev

Gudbranson

Sbisa

If i was GM Edler would be given up in expanison. He's 30. He won't be part of a deep playoff run while he is still half decent. Yes our back end might struggle a little bit but we need to be young .

Hutton-Tanev

Sbisa-Tryamkin(Stecher?)

Juolevi-Gudbranson

I don't even know where Stecher fits in tbh. And I love the kid

Hutty/Sbisa can switch 

8 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Can only protect 3 of: 

Edler

Tanev

Gudbranson

Sbisa

Easy, expose Sbisa

Only because he has 1 year left until he's UFA and I am doubtful that Vegas will claim him for that reason

Gudbranson hopefully can be signed for a reasonable Tanev level kind of contract. As much as Guddy has been bad this year we have to remember the poor first few years that Sbisa had and it's quite possible that Guddy can have a similar learning curve.

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

If i was GM Edler would be given up in expanison. He's 30. He won't be part of a deep playoff run while he is still half decent. Yes our back end might struggle a little bit but we need to be young .

Hutton-Tanev

Sbisa-Tryamkin(Stecher?)

Juolevi-Gudbranson

I don't even know where Stecher fits in tbh. And I love the kid

Hutty/Sbisa can switch 

I'd trade Tanev just before the expansion draft.

Edler/Stecher

Juolevi/Gudbranson

Sbisa/Tryamkin

Archived