The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson VS Tryamkin Poll

Sean Avery

Gudbranson VS Tryamkin Poll  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guys like Ferland and Marchand is pretty much Neutered when guys like Gudbranson and Tryamkin is out there.  Although Gudbranson is struggling a little, that presence can really keep the other players goon in check.

They both have toughness, Gudbranson is really tough actually, Tryamkin will not take !"/$ from people and you guys can actually see that players are intimated by him.

I do wish Gudbranson can play the way he did back in Florida again.  -14 is unacceptable its like him and Sbisa switched places.

13 hours ago, Fateless said:

They're both fine. Guddy is a good 4/5 option right now. I think he can play better than he has and I want Benning to give him a smaller/shorter contract as a "prove to me that you're better than your first 30 games". Tryamkin has the skating, shot and strength to be a top 2 defender if he continues to develop like this. 

It's hard to know how long Guddy played injured before we found out about it. Like Sutter last year I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt going into next year.

I one really has to do is harken back to about a season or two ago, when Edler was our largest and most "intimidating" defenseman. This was the same defense that had Yannick Weber and Matt Bartkowski in top 4 roles, getting stapled in their own end and fumbling passes like the puck was covered in spiders.

The defense was a pathetic mess. One of it's major detractions was that the majority of the defensemen couldn't clear the puck. Another was that it was too soft and small, unable to handle an aggressive forecheck or any level of sustained pressure. Only Tanev and Hamhuis were capable of moving the puck.

Now Jim Benning has a defense that boasts a whole lot of size, skill, and speed. When it's in it's prime, this defense will be a nightmare for other teams to deal with.

Juolevi, Stecher, Tanev have the talent to manage the speedier teams, with their capability to read plays and match tempo.

Gudbranson, Tryamkin, and Sbisa have the size (mainly Tryamkin and Gudbranson), strength and tenacity to more than capably counter any of the larger, physical teams, while also boasting offensive skill that is hard to stop.

Having that mix of different types of players is essential. Therefore this team needs to have both Tryamkin and Gudbranson, and according to Benning, that is the case, thank goodness.  

2 hours ago, Hockey101 class said:

Trymakin no question. Lets be honest Biega has played better than Guds this season just saying.

We missed Biega last night. Arizona has a lot of big bodies and a couple extra hits from Biega would have helped. 

Soft teams don't win in the NHL. 

33 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We missed Biega last night. Arizona has a lot of big bodies and a couple extra hits from Biega would have helped. 

Soft teams don't win in the NHL. 

Clearly the only difference between a W and an L last night was our 8/9 D's being swapped.

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Clearly the only difference between a W and an L last night was our 8/9 D's being swapped.

Our defense has been the backbone of our transition game. We seem to get our best rushes off of quick clean clears out of our zone. Soft D like Larsen are no deterrent to opposing forwards going to the crease and creating havoc. He's like a welcome mat.

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Our defense has been the backbone of our transition game. We seem to get our best rushes off of quick clean clears out of our zone. Soft D like Larsen are no deterrent to opposing forwards going to the crease and creating havoc. He's like a welcome mat.

And Biega is the difference maker?

Biega's a bit harder to play against but is nearly equally as man handled and is worse at moving the puck for those 'quick, clean clears'.

My care-o-meter didn't even blip.

9 minutes ago, J.R. said:

And Biega is the difference maker?

Biega's a bit harder to play against but is nearly equally as man handled and is worse at moving the puck for those 'quick, clean clears'.

My care-o-meter didn't even blip.

Biega is twice the hitter Larsen will ever be. With our soft forwards we need every bit of toughness on our D. Or do you like Larsen more than Biega?

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Biega is twice the hitter Larsen will ever be. With our soft forwards we need every bit of toughness on our D. Or do you like Larsen more than Biega?

And Larsen is twice the puck mover.

I don't really have a preference for either. Hence not a blip on my care-o-meter. If you think we lost yesterday because we put Larsen in over Biega...

There should seriously be a both option since the pair bring different intangibles to the table. Guddy brings leadership, grit, the odd goal and apple while Tram is a monster who is physical, learning defensively but will only get better as he works his way into a top pairing role one day.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

And Larsen is twice the puck mover.

I don't really have a preference for either. Hence not a blip on my care-o-meter. If you think we lost yesterday because we put Larsen in over Biega...

Ok you don't care great. Larsen .97 hits per 60 mins

Biega has 9.3 hits per 60 minutes.   (slightly more than Try) 

Biega has approximately 2 X more per 60 mins than Edler AND Sbisa  And about the same amount of hits per 60 as Skille and Gaunce,

Difficult to say really. Gudbranson has been out for quite a while, so we haven't been able to see him settle in and do what he does over a season. Tryamkin has been good though. Skates and stick handles so well for a big man. I think he'll only get better over time. From what I've seen of Gudbranson though, I was expecting more. Before the season started, the Canucks were pairing him with Hutton and I thought those two would be dynamite. Not the case (yet). If the Canucks had to trade one of the two? I would prefer they keep Tryamkin, only because he seems to really be progressing, and I'm sure other teams' players are very aware of him when he's on the ice. He's got a booming shot, hits like a train, has good stick work, and is fast for a big man. And he hasn't dropped the gloves yet. I'm sure that would be impressive too. 

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Ok you don't care great.

Biega has 9.3 hits per 60 minutes.   (slightly more than Try) 

Biega has approximately 2 X more per 60 mins than Edler AND Sbisa  And about the same amount of hits per 60 as Skille and Gaunce,

6529b13d6ba1c19708168783a09e6bc556ae1c16

Archived