The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gudbranson VS Tryamkin Poll

Sean Avery

Gudbranson VS Tryamkin Poll  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

and you and Larsen ride off into the sunset hand in hand

Really? That's your witty retort? Surely you can do better? 

Yes, I'm in love with Larsen because I realize him vs Biega in or out of the lineup makes basically zero difference. One hits, the other moves the puck. they're otherwise pretty equal on the 'meh, who cares' scale.

But you go on believing that had anything do so with how we played last night.

Not sure what the relevance of naming our preference is, but from the games I've gone to this year, I've left every game saying "Tryam is gonna be a beast some day" and I can't remember which games Guddy was in that I've seen (outside of the Toronto rematch). That doesn't say everything, but gotta love Tryam for his potential to be more than just a meat and potatoes "good guy".

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well, he would have added the physical dimension that Larsen doesn't have.

Biega = Bulldog

Larsen = Pomeranian

Sure does.

Was 'more physicality' our problem last night? Seemed we had more trouble getting the puck in the offensive zone and creating anything.

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

There should seriously be a both option since the pair bring different intangibles to the table. Guddy brings leadership, grit, the odd goal and apple while Tram is a monster who is physical, learning defensively but will only get better as he works his way into a top pairing role one day.

I agree. We need them both in the organization but who wins you a playoff round for eg if both healthy and it was today. I think id go with guds. 

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Crouse muscled his way in pretty easily....

He out weighs Biega by 25 lbs too.

Biega by all means hits more but here's nearly just as easy to push around/over and brings much less ability with the puck. 

Again though. Meh. 

59 minutes ago, J.R. said:

He out weighs Biega by 25 lbs too.

Biega by all means hits more but here's nearly just as easy to push around/over and brings much less ability with the puck. 

Again though. Meh. 

From the games I've watched, Biega is far more tenacious and solid on forwards than Larsen is. They have different games though. Biega's is definitely more noticeable.

meh.gif

I'm more excited for what Trymkin could become one day. Gudbranson hasnt had the best showning in his limited time. Really hoping he finds his groove, the Canucks should have a solid group of defenders going forward once Juolevi is in the mix. 

I like Tryamkin... not because he is a better defenseman right now, but because of what he could be.

I also think Gudbranson is underrated by the vast majority of commentators.

He should remain a part of this team... he adds much needed toughness... Canucks need more than one big defenseman and Pedan is not there yet.

Archived