The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Another Duchene Proposal

This is for Mr. 53, since I felt the need to savage him.

Col trades: Matt Duchene

LA trades: Jake Muzzin

Motivation:  LA - They need some offense and they have a great D corps.  They can just barely afford it from a cap standpoint and they may well be in a mode of going for it while they can.  They get a top line player that has a lot of years left and can slot right in.

COL - They get a totally awesome all-around Dman that immediately makes the team better, and can do so for the next 5-6 years.  They don't have anything like this player, and it is their greatest need.  But, they still lick in net.

Why now? :  LA-   Because they still have time to turn it around.

COL- Because Muzzin is a good enough offer to pull the trigger without shopping around.

Who wins? : Colorado.  You just shouldn't move a D this good.  On the other hand, they still have Martinez and Doughty.

Reasons not to:  Both teams have a good reason to wait for the off-season; this trade assumes that Lombardi retains his cajones.

Historical precedent:  Irrelevant.  No one cares.

1 hour ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Motivation:  LA - They need some offense and they have a great D corps.  They can just barely afford it from a cap standpoint and they may well be in a mode of going for it while they can.  They get a top line player that has a lot of years left and can slot right in.

COL - They get a totally awesome all-around Dman that immediately makes the team better, and can do so for the next 5-6 years.  They don't have anything like this player, and it is their greatest need.  But, they still lick in net.

COL- Because Muzzin is a good enough offer to pull the trigger without shopping around.

Who wins? : Colorado.  You just shouldn't move a D this good.  On the other hand, they still have Martinez and Doughty.

Reasons not to:  Both teams have a good reason to wait for the off-season; this trade assumes that Lombardi retains his cajones.

Excellent proposal...Kopitar at 10mil for 1st line C / Carter at 7mil for 2nd line C / Duchene at 6mil for 3rd line C...23mil (about 1/3 of their cap hit) tied up in 3 centremen (not to mention trading for Duchene just to stuff him down on the 3rd line)...

You're a special kind of stupid aren't you...ever wonder if the best part of your brain's DNA didn't end up in a broken condom tossed in a bus station garbage can?

Why am I being such a prik to you? Check out your own posts and you'll understand why. You show up on here where intelligent people are having a discussion about the merits of a reasonable (although unlikely) trade and try to bully everyone into smoking your crack pipe, calling them down, calling them names. If you can't take it, then don't dish it. If you are mentally incapable of contributing intelligently to the conversation then you should probably just shut the FU.

3 hours ago, ABNuck said:

Excellent proposal...Kopitar at 10mil for 1st line C / Carter at 7mil for 2nd line C / Duchene at 6mil for 3rd line C...23mil (about 1/3 of their cap hit) tied up in 3 centremen (not to mention trading for Duchene just to stuff him down on the 3rd line)...

You're a special kind of stupid aren't you...ever wonder if the best part of your brain's DNA didn't end up in a broken condom tossed in a bus station garbage can?

Why am I being such a prik to you? Check out your own posts and you'll understand why. You show up on here where intelligent people are having a discussion about the merits of a reasonable (although unlikely) trade and try to bully everyone into smoking your crack pipe, calling them down, calling them names. If you can't take it, then don't dish it. If you are mentally incapable of contributing intelligently to the conversation then you should probably just shut the FU.

You don't think he can play the wing?  On the other hand, didn't Kessel get shuffled down to the third line?  Honest question; I thought he could, but he may be one of those guys that's just way better at centre.  Kopitar and Carter are, for sure.  Carter is getting up there though.  

I know I'm a dick.  Not a big revelation.

3 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Not bad,

Here's another proposal.

Duchene + Wiercioch for Jenner + Murray + first

I think Columbus hates that, and they have no trouble scoring, but I seem to be higher on Jenner than a lot people.  I keep thinking that the Canucks should target him, with the hope that the expansion draft puts pressure on Columbus.  They definitely don't want to lose Wennberg now.

28 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

You don't think he can play the wing?  On the other hand, didn't Kessel get shuffled down to the third line?  Honest question; I thought he could, but he may be one of those guys that's just way better at centre.  Kopitar and Carter are, for sure.  Carter is getting up there though.  

I know I'm a dick.  Not a big revelation.

That sir is freakin' awesome! Post of the year thus far! I know...I'm a bit of an antagonist myself. You get a +1 for that at least.

Yeah I suppose he could play wing (the thought crossed my mind but I wanted to be a dick and make a point...now you've just gone and taken the wind outta my sails).

6 hours ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

You deserve  +1 for being savage to that guy <3 

8 hours ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

I think Columbus hates that, and they have no trouble scoring, but I seem to be higher on Jenner than a lot people.  I keep thinking that the Canucks should target him, with the hope that the expansion draft puts pressure on Columbus.  They definitely don't want to lose Wennberg now.

Why would they lose Wennberg?  Currently without making any moves CBJ will lose murray or Johnson to expansion draft.  Clarkson, if he doesn't waive will be bought out, but considering he's not even playing, there's no reason for him not to waive. 

Jenner has been in Tort's dog house this year and has struggled while Murray has been passed on the depth chart by Werenski and now is playing in the #5 spot. 

CBJ can protect

Saad, Hartnell, Folingo, Dubinsky, Atkinson, Wennberg, Duchene (7F)

Jones, Johnson, Savard (3d)

Bobrovski (1g)

That means Karlsson, Gagner, or Cavlert is the piece that likely gets claimed from vegas.  That's way better than losing Murray for nothing.  Duchene allows Dubois to not be rushed or convert back to wing. 

This move makes a ton of sense for both teams.  Av's get the LHD they are looking for with extra help, and CBJ gets the center they are looking for.

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Why would they lose Wennberg?  Currently without making any moves CBJ will lose murray or Johnson to expansion draft.  Clarkson, if he doesn't waive will be bought out, but considering he's not even playing, there's no reason for him not to waive. 

Jenner has been in Tort's dog house this year and has struggled while Murray has been passed on the depth chart by Werenski and now is playing in the #5 spot. 

CBJ can protect

Bobrovski (1g)

That means Karlsson, Gagner, or Cavlert is the piece that likely gets claimed from vegas.  That's way better than losing Murray for nothing.  Duchene allows Dubois to not be rushed or convert back to wing. 

This move makes a ton of sense for both teams.  Av's get the LHD they are looking for with extra help, and CBJ gets the center they are looking for.

Gotcha.  And I guess that 1st rounder is pretty late.  I didn't realize Murray's stock had fallen in the organization.  But is Wiercioch really that good?  And do you think Jenner's not quite as good as his recent numbers suggest, regardless of Torts' doghouse?

Anyway, I see how these could be equivalent, but I don't know a tonne about the players.

18 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Gotcha.  And I guess that 1st rounder is pretty late.  I didn't realize Murray's stock had fallen in the organization.  But is Wiercioch really that good?  And do you think Jenner's not quite as good as his recent numbers suggest, regardless of Torts' doghouse?

Anyway, I see how these could be equivalent, but I don't know a tonne about the players.

Yeah the first would be in the 20+ range.  The only thing is the CBJ doesn't have a 2nd round pick this year (i'm assuming they choose this year for van). So they might not want to give up that pick without getting a pick in the top 62 back. 

Werenski had really set the league on fire which has move Murray down.  Murray is still averaging 18 min a night but is 5th on their depth chart.  Wiercioch is ok, he's a suitable bottom pairing D to help replace the minutes of Murray, leaving the blue jackets a pretty reasonable D core. 

Werenski Jones

Johnson Savard

Wiercioch Nitivaara

Prout

I like Jenner I think he's a suitable middle 6 player, but has really struggled this year, he's only on pace for 28 points and last game was demoted to the Karlsson Anderson line.  I think a new city might be a good thing for him.  Another thing the Av's might be interested in it CBJ has some real good young talent in net with Forsberg and korpisalo, if av's want to add maybe they could get a top upcoming goalie.

Another team that could be a good fit for Duchene is Carolina.  They have some really good young LHD and might be able to put a package together that gives the Av's some interest. 

9 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

CBJ can protect

Bobrovski (1g)

I think the buyout window is after the expansion draft.  But, it's true, he'd have little reason not to waive.

On 1/27/2017 at 4:15 PM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

CBJ can protect

Bobrovski (1g)

Is Clarkson eligible for expansion - he's out indefinitely with a back problem.  They might not need to buy him out as maybe the league sees him as exempt.  From the NHL website: Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a club's player exposure requirements, unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection by the League.

15 hours ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

I think the buyout window is after the expansion draft.  But, it's true, he'd have little reason not to waive.

It should open up just before re McKenzie's comments that the Penguins would buy out Fleury if he does not waive his NMC.

The window opens the latest between 15 June and 48 hours after the Final game and teams need to submit their expansion lists on the 17th.

7 hours ago, mll said:

Is Clarkson eligible for expansion - he's out indefinitely with a back problem.  They might not need to buy him out as maybe the league sees him as exempt.  From the NHL website: Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a club's player exposure requirements, unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection by the League.

It should open up just before re McKenzie's comments that the Penguins would buy out Fleury if he does not waive his NMC.

The window opens the latest between 15 June and 48 hours after the Final game and teams need to submit their expansion lists on the 17th.

I didn't realize that.  So, no one will get boned I guess.

Archived