The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) van-wpg

To van 

Kyle Conner 

To Wpg 

Chris Tanev 

I relize the jets are not in need of a RHD but they do have a need to stop the puck from going in their net and tanev could be a large help in that department for them  

Kyle Conner is a pure goal scorer stuck behind a pretty deep jets lineup right now but definitely has large potential n has that scoring touch we could use in vancity   

My evaluation could be off but I think it's right in the wheel house    What do u all think ? 

21 minutes ago, Jackripper said:

To van 

Kyle Conner 

To Wpg 

Chris Tanev 

I relize the jets are not in need of a RHD but they do have a need to stop the puck from going in their net and tanev could be a large help in that department for them  

Kyle Conner is a pure goal scorer stuck behind a pretty deep jets lineup right now but definitely has large potential n has that scoring touch we could use in vancity   

My evaluation could be off but I think it's right in the wheel house    What do u all think ? 

Nevermind what Alf is smoking.... I think we could get a bit more (maybe a 3rd or possibly a 2nd) value wise but I'm not sure either team pulls the trigger on that.  

:picard: 

Jets already have Byfuglien, Trouba, and Myers on the right side. More importantly, with Myers now expected to be exposed in the expansion draft, it is actually a great spot for the Jets, as Tucker Poolman will be ready to come in after college this year (another RHD).

This makes zero sense for the Jets. Literally none.

Oh yeah, and Winnipeg's first as well? They are currently sitting with the 3rd worst record in the league. So a lottery pick PLUS a top prospect for a player they don't need? Wow.

13 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Gaunce and a second for Lowry 

5 hours ago, KKnight said:

thats a trade i could like. Maybe if we were to acquire a late second i would give them that.

Jets take this and run. Lowry is going to be exposed in expansion by them, but likely wouldn't get picked, as they have more attractive pieces for Vegas (Myers will be exposed, Dano, etc).

For the Canucks though, this is a terrible trade. They need to stop trading away 2nds. Majority of people here love the Baerstchi trade. I've never been one of them. In the short term the Canucks won it. But the 2nd that the Flames used in that trade turned into Rasmus Andersson, who is their best defensive prospect in the system and will be playing next season. IF (big if) he works out, he'll be a lot more more valuable than a 40-50 point winger.

Long story short, "stop trading away 2nds".

41 minutes ago, Monty said:

Jets take this and run. Lowry is going to be exposed in expansion by them, but likely wouldn't get picked, as they have more attractive pieces for Vegas (Myers will be exposed, Dano, etc).

For the Canucks though, this is a terrible trade. They need to stop trading away 2nds. Majority of people here love the Baerstchi trade. I've never been one of them. In the short term the Canucks won it. But the 2nd that the Flames used in that trade turned into Rasmus Andersson, who is their best defensive prospect in the system and will be playing next season. IF (big if) he works out, he'll be a lot more more valuable than a 40-50 point winger.

Yeah didn't think about the expansion. 

2 hours ago, Monty said:

I actually agree. 

If someone has a proposal to get Lowry as our 3C then that's cool. 

Archived