The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL All-Star Game

2017 NHL All-Star Game   

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, ajhockey said:

Meh, I would be more interested if the players actually tried.

They seemed to try a lot more than usual last year. The biggest issue was always that no one wanted to risk injury by hitting or blocking shots, but no one does that in 3 on 3 anyways.

9 hours ago, Time Lord said:

They seemed to try a lot more than usual last year. The biggest issue was always that no one wanted to risk injury by hitting or blocking shots, but no one does that in 3 on 3 anyways.

An effort would be good, and now that you bring it up I do think they put some more effort in last year. I'd just like it to be as in the days when I first started watching to make the game more entertaining. I still kinda wish they'd make the game worth home team advantage in the playoffs. Would be enough to make players compete.

3 hours ago, ajhockey said:

An effort would be good, and now that you bring it up I do think the put some more effort in. I'd just like it to be as in the days when I first started watching to make the game more entertaining. I still kinda wish they'd make the game worth home team advantage in the playoffs. Would be enough to make players compete.

No thanks. I hate that they do this in baseball. It doesn't make sense to take away home team advantage from a team that deserves it to prop up a meaningless exhibition game.

5 hours ago, Toews said:

No thanks. I hate that they do this in baseball. It doesn't make sense to take away home team advantage from a team that deserves it to prop up a meaningless exhibition game.

The point is that it wouldn't be a meaningless exhibition game anymore. It would be a more intense real game.

5 minutes ago, ajhockey said:

The point is that it wouldn't be a meaningless exhibition game anymore. It would be a more intense real game.

In Major League Baseball, teams don't play all the other 29 teams in the league. It makes more sense for them to do it since the American League and National League don't interact nearly as much as the Eastern and Western conferences do in the NHL, where every team plays every other team at least twice.

4 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

This has been the best All Star game so far......because of the top 100.  So awesome to see all the top stars.

I agree. Like this interview on CBC right now, 3 of the greatest players in the history of the game...and Messier. It is just so cool to hear these guys talk about the past. 

Archived