The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL All-Star Game

2017 NHL All-Star Game   

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

we dont give a $&!# about that midget but it was obvious to everyone watching that 2 on 1 that he didn't want to pass the puck to a Canuck to potentially tie it up. 

You are right. I heard he burns a Horvat jersey before every Flames game.

Bo's All-Star blog 3

First time all-star Bo Horvat wraps up his Hollywood experience

cut.jpg

Never in a million years did I ever think I'd be here and I can now not only say I've been an all-star, I scored a goal in an all-star game. Two actually!

We won our first game 10-3 over Team Central, but came up short in the championship against Team Metropolitan, losing 4-3. I was an honour being part of Team Pacific and a neat experience playing alongside Johnny Gaudreau and Cam Fowler. You could say we had some success, I don't even know how many goals Johnny ended up with, maybe four or five, and Cam was picking up assists left and right.

I scored and had two assists in the first game and scored in the second game, so I'm proud of my showing. Both my goals were set up by Cam and Johnny. My first one I got in the one breakaway and wanted to get it over Devan Dubnyk's shoulder as quick as possible. I kind of just flicked it at the last moment, it's a move I've never tried before and might become my go-to! Second goal, same thing, I wanted to get it off as quick as I could because I knew someone would be closing in on me. Johnny has such great vision and speed and Cam has great hands; they were very fun to play with.

cut.jpg

The first game was all laughs, a lot of fun and games, whereas the second game took on a more serious tone. It gets pretty serious when there's money on the line! It's in our nature, we're all pretty competitive and we all want to do well and win and that definitely showed there in the final game. I hope everyone enjoyed the action.

cut.jpg

Two major highlights of my day were the incredible pre-game ceremony and meeting Wayne Gretzky. For the ceremonial puck drop most of the top 100 players in NHL history were lined up and as we were introduced, we skated down and gave them all fist bumps. I was lined up across from Steve Yzerman, which was a thrill. Before we came out onto the ice Burnsy turned to me and said "Do you know how many legends are on that carpet right now!" I looked down and couldn't believe it.

I also couldn't believe it when I walked into the dressing room lounge between games and Wayne Gretzky was standing there. I knew it was my chance to meet him, so I got my phone and Connor McDavid actually took the picture for me. I was really excited. I asked him how he was doing, that's the first thing that came to mind! I told him my dad was at the game where he set up Lemieux for that goal with Team Canada, I'm not sure what year it was and he talked about that a bit. To hear old stories from The Great One was great.

cut.jpg

I was asked post-game what I'll take from this all-star experience and honestly, I soaked everything up. Being on the same ice as a lot of the best players in the league and talking with some of the players that you normally might not get to meet was incredible. But I think the biggest thing, I was telling my dad this earlier, was that I didn't have to introduce myself, everyone knew my name. To have all the greatest players in the world know your name already and know who you are is pretty incredible.

I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my all-star experience and I'll enjoy LA for another day before returning to Vancouver and shifting gears back to our playoff push.

cut.jpg

Thank you for reading and for all the continuous support!

All the best,

Bo

23 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

we dont give a $&!# about that midget but it was obvious to everyone watching that 2 on 1 that he didn't want to pass the puck to a Canuck to potentially tie it up. 

And his pass to a Canuck for the 3-2 goal was clearly just an accident.

2 hours ago, Pears said:

Oliver Ekman-Larsson...?

I guess they could put Ekman-Larsson in for Fowler and Miller in for Mike Smith but personally, I think Mike Smith is more deserving than Ekman-Larsson this year because Smith having at 0.915% save percentage for a team like Arizona is absolutely phenomenol. 

3 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

You guys going nuts over Gaudreau are ridiculous. This game means nothing. So what if he hogged the puck? Players trying to dangle through all alone is more exciting for the casual viewer of an All-Star Game.

I mean, yeah. Of course if it was a real game situation then screw Johnny Hockey for doing that, but it's just the All-Star Game and it's meant less and less as time goes on. This one was cooler with the 100 year thing though.

Wasnt there a million dollars on the table to be won?

But I get what you are saying...

Anyhow, I dont blame the gnome.  Really - 3 on 3 no touch hockey is where a one dimensional 157lb guy can excel at.  Now that the league has the book on him and his dipsy doodle move at the blue line, they know to either hammer him or wait to intercept the pass.

He just needed to feel special again...

Boo to Fifth Harmony ... apparently one of them got sick and they bailed.  WTF?  There are still 4 of you ... aren't you professionals?  Any of the 4 left should have been able to but instead you let an LA ice girl do it with 15 mins notice ??!!  She did pretty good given the circumstances!

Archived