The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

As of right now what do you feel our top 10-15 prospects rankings are

Hortankin

Individual rankings are fun and we get to see everyone's different opinions on our decent prospect pool. To me there are some franchise/elite potential players here (*).

So here's my list (no current Canuck):

1. Boeser*

2. Demko*

3. Juolevi*

4. Virtanen*

5. Gaudette

6. Brisebois 

7. Subban

8. Lockwood

9. McKenzie

10. Zhukenov

Neil has some nice stats only reason he never made my list is because I never actually watched him play or watched any highlights. 

I think Boesser has good odds of playing 15 plus years and scoring 300 or so goals.  Star potential.

Demko is an unknown commodity.  He could become a starter or just as likely not make it at all.  We should find out next year or if not the following for sure.

Virtanens chances are running out.  So far he has been a disappointment.  Next year he will either make the club or be traded or back to the AHL.  His ceiling is still high bit his floor could be a career minor leaguer.  

Juolevi will make the team next season and eventually replace Edler on the first line.  His ceiling is somebody like Vlasic and his floor is a depth defenseman... Nothing wrong with that.

1 hour ago, Hortankin said:

Individual rankings are fun and we get to see everyone's different opinions on our decent prospect pool. To me there are some franchise/elite potential players here (*).

So here's my list (no current Canuck):

1. Boeser*

2. Demko*

3. Juolevi*

4. Virtanen*

5. Gaudette

6. Brisebois 

7. Subban

8. Lockwood

9. McKenzie

10. Zhukenov

Neil has some nice stats only reason he never made my list is because I never actually watched him play or watched any highlights. 

No but close I watch Juolevi and tbh I'm scared for him rn cuz he hasn't looked good. 

Boeser 

Demko 

Gaudette 

Subban

Juolevi 

Virtanen 

Lockwood 

Mackenzie 

Zhukenov 

Jasek 

Brisbois isn't very good 

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

I think Boesser has good odds of playing 15 plus years and scoring 300 or so goals.  Star potential.

Demko is an unknown commodity.  He could become a starter or just as likely not make it at all.  We should find out next year or if not the following for sure.

Virtanens chances are running out.  So far he has been a disappointment.  Next year he will either make the club or be traded or back to the AHL.  His ceiling is still high bit his floor could be a career minor leaguer.  

Juolevi will make the team next season and eventually replace Edler on the first line.  His ceiling is somebody like Vlasic and his floor is a depth defenseman... Nothing wrong with that.

Ur right on a lot of things but I watch Juolevi a lot and I haven't been impressed. He's very passive and I'm not trolling I genuinely want him to succeed but I haven't been impressed so far.

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

That's just outrageous. Subban, a guy who may never play a regular shift in the NHL, over Juolevi ?

Watch Juolevi play and you'll see. We r rating players rn not how they might turn out. And rn Juolevi looks sad. Unlike u I'm not going off what others say, I'm going off what I see. He's literally not good yet. He could potentially be great tho.

1 minute ago, orcasgonewild said:

Watch Juolevi play and you'll see. We r rating players rn not how they might turn out. And rn Juolevi looks sad. Unlike u I'm not going off what others say, I'm going off what I see. He's literally not good yet. He could potentially be great tho.

I've watched him, apparently we're watching two different players. I'm not saying he's a future Norris winner but he's nothing like you're describing.

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

I've watched him, apparently we're watching two different players. I'm not saying he's a future Norris winner but he's nothing like you're describing.

Watching him once is different from watching almost every game. He's not ready. And it's hard to take what ur saying seriously if you have a Calgary flame based profile name and pic. And really???? Monahan? Talk about overrated. But I guess that's how u treat players.

3 minutes ago, orcasgonewild said:

Watching him once is different from watching almost every game. He's not ready. And it's hard to take what ur saying seriously if you have a Calgary flame based profile name and pic. And really???? Monahan? Talk about overrated. But I guess that's how u treat players.

Nobody has said he's ready. He's a prospect, that's sort of implied. As for the rest of the post...I don't even know what to say. 

6 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Nobody has said he's ready. He's a prospect, that's sort of implied. As for the rest of the post...I don't even know what to say. 

LOL u gotta admit Monahan as ur profile in a canucks forum is gonna get some heat. And I don't mean to insult its just I watched Juolevi a lot and I think it might take him at least 1 or two more seasons before he's ready. And that's fine cuz we got Tanev Edler Tryamkin Stecher Hutton Gudbranson 

1 minute ago, orcasgonewild said:

LOL u gotta admit Monahan as ur profile in a canucks forum is gonna get some heat. And I don't mean to insult its just I watched Juolevi a lot and I think it might take him at least 1 or two more seasons before he's ready. And that's fine cuz we got Tanev Edler Tryamkin Stecher Hutton Gudbranson 

We will lose .Sbisa.  Maybe Olli comes in net season to replace Sbisa?

Just now, orcasgonewild said:

Plenty of people have names of players from other teams. Marchand, Kane, Stamkos, etc. I hate the flames but I like Monny.

And you've pretty much agreed with what I've said.

48 minutes ago, orcasgonewild said:

He has 32 points in 36 games with the London Knights, so I wouldn't consider him "looking sad" right now. Those number are actually pretty good for a defenceman. Maybe your expectations for him are too high.. I don't watch him play on a regular basis, I've seen him play a few games and he was decent. 

Archived