The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat Blog - "Dad, They knew my name.."

Bur14Kes17

Bo did not look out of place in the all star games.  He played great with Gaudreau and Fowler and got 2 goals and 2 assists in 2 short games.  That was an exciting, dangerous line!

As good as he's been this season, I was thinking how much better he'd be with the Canucks if he had elite players to play with.  I can't wait to see him with Boeser and Baertschi in the near future!  They'd be the new Killer Bees line!

Growing up I always had favorite players, I'm only 25 and the players I always liked tended to be the ones that everyone around me like and had influence from others about picking a favorite player. Now that I am an adult, this is the first time I have actually been able to say that this is MY favorite player, a choice that I made, I've honestly never felt so excited about a player and mesmerized each time he's on the ice. Horvat really is by far my favorite player in the league, I love his dedication, commitment, work ethics and his drive to be better. This kid is truly something special

4 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Lock him up!!! 8 years x 5.3 mill..C'mon Bo(used car saleman voice), it's your lucky number!

As great as that would be, I don't think that will be enough to get him inked for 8 years. He'll be a UFA after 4 more seasons. So we can expect either a 3 year deal at around $4M per or maybe 6 years at around $5M. But Bo will be looking for one more big contract after this next one, so I don't see him signing longer than 6 years. That would make him a UFA at 28. 

To think 3 years ago, there was almost a riot when they traded Schneider for the 9th pick...

Horvat has everything you want from a Captain.

He's a leader by nature.

Its not about him, its about the team, the players, the fans, family and friends...

What a tremendous pick he has been... If Boeser lives up to expectation, we have the leaders for our team going forward. No doubt about that.

Bo was a great representative for the Canucks at the All Star Tourney. A Canadian power forward, centre and future captain. He is calm, hardworking, leads by example, and shows maturity at a young age.  The Sedins have been great but being a likeable Canadian has its advantages. I have no doubt Bo will be a solid 1st liner in the NHL. We just need to find some highly skilled wingers to play with him. Boesser looks promising even though he is on the smaller size. Virtanen might prove us all wrong and be a superstar. Tkachuk would have been a nice LW'er to round out that line. Beartchi might prove me wrong that he can be an elite scoring machine. Would like to see a gritty forechecking goal scorer like a Taylor Hall, Patrick Laine, or Pierre Luc Dubois 

Archived