The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat Blog - "Dad, They knew my name.."

Bur14Kes17

7 hours ago, kloubek said:

Assuming he develops as hoped.  The step up to the NHL has broken some extremely promising and nearly sure-fire players once they made the leap.

Considering that Boeser is matching or breaking records set by the likes of Toews and Parise, I'd say he stands a good shot of making the transition successfully. 

19 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Considering that Boeser is matching or breaking records set by the likes of Toews and Parise, I'd say he stands a good shot of making the transition successfully. 

Good shot.... sure.  Most promising prospect we have imo, and the possibility of being a true star.  But there have been plenty of players in the past who had even higher initial promise but it didnt translate on the NHL level.

Plus college puts a player up against entirely lower level competition than does the typical player journey.  It is difficult to know if a player is outstanding due to crappy defensive play and goaltending.  So don't be so sure.... he still has a chance to be a dud.  Or, might not even end up following through with our team.

2 hours ago, kloubek said:

Good shot.... sure.  Most promising prospect we have imo, and the possibility of being a true star.  But there have been plenty of players in the past who had even higher initial promise but it didnt translate on the NHL level.

Plus college puts a player up against entirely lower level competition than does the typical player journey.  It is difficult to know if a player is outstanding due to crappy defensive play and goaltending.  So don't be so sure.... he still has a chance to be a dud.  Or, might not even end up following through with our team.

Don't be so sure? When did I allude to the idea that Boeser was a guaranteed home run? 

Thanks for the information....

3 hours ago, kloubek said:

So just like junior draft picks.....

Bam Bam, Bom, Ba Bam Bam, Sunshine came softly, into my window today! Sunshine Superman would make a great goal song?

Or;

Just then when the Hurdy Gurdy man came singing songs of love.  Jeff Beck rips into Psychedelic riff's, and the Kings all pass out...  :wub:

Archived