The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6 dead after shooting at Quebec City mosque, police say

nuckin_futz

Just now, Grapefruits said:

Strange. So it was Muslim on Muslim then?  Or do other religions shout Allahu Akbar before killing people?

I think it was to mock the people in reference to what the shooters yelled in the Charlie Hebdo attack. This might have been done by some far right extremist group.

14 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

How this thread get derailed into talks of AK47 on page 2?

Trump's cancer is spreading to us. We don't need a wall. We need a firewall.

Well if an AK-47 was used.  It's valid discussion.  AK-47's are prohibited in Canada. So if it was, how did the shooter obtain it?

12 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

Well if an AK-47 was used.  It's valid discussion.  AK-47's are prohibited in Canada. So if it was, how did the shooter obtain it?

Are they prohibited in Canada I worked with a guy that had one

42 minutes ago, thepouet said:

I think it was to mock the people in reference to what the shooters yelled in the Charlie Hebdo attack. This might have been done by some far right extremist group.

Infidels and apostates are the main target of Muslim extremists. Not unusual.

44 minutes ago, thepouet said:

Far right extremists with AK-47s outside Eastern Europe, well, that'll be a first.

1 hour ago, Apricot said:

I can't, I just...I can't. At a mosque and during prayers. I can't. I'm Muslim, and I go to the mosque sometimes(not as much as I should, not as regularly as my mom and other family members), but I go the days its most important. This hits close to home, I'm honestly scared for my family and friends, and Muslim brother and sisters who go to Mosque's all across the world. 

RIP to all the victims. :(

As a man of no faith or religion, I send my sympathies from the heart. Disgusting act. Very un-Canadian

I've always been a proud Canadian - because we cherish and take pride in our diversity. Allow everyone their religion, or atheism, be kind, respectful and hope to get invited to dinner at the new neighbours. And hockey, because we are pretty damn good at hockey.

Kind of wondering if this is some sort of attack on Muslim Canadians because we are happy to take in any refugees "banned" by that bitter, small handed, orange looking mop, down south.

Dear Trump - send your "super evil" refugees north. Other than the First Nation's, we're all immigrants here and we'd love to have them. 

Just horrible...

Hamid Nadji had friends who were inside the mosque at the time of the shooting. He spoke to them afterward, and described the scene as “a carnage.”

“From what we head over the phone, one person had a weapon discharge in his face because he had wanted to jump on the man to stop him. And the three others died because they wanted to catch the man.”

There have already been 2 fake reports that the shooters were white supremacists and another that they were Syrian refugees.

Left wingers fell for the first one and immediately believed it because they want to be able to blame white people and Right wingers fell for the 2nd one because they want to blame refugees.

1 minute ago, Bo053 said:

There have already been 2 fake reports that the shooters were white supremacists and another that they were Syrian refugees.

Left wingers fell for the first one and immediately believed it because they want to be able to blame white people and Right wingers fell for the 2nd one because they want to blame refugees.

Shows how we are more divided now than ever, 1% wins.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

This tweet seems conflicting. But I have read this in a few articles. Does anyone know the latest?

The police, PM and mayor are going to address the media in a couple of minutes so we'll probably know much more.

Archived