The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

6 dead after shooting at Quebec City mosque, police say

nuckin_futz

So no real info has been released even though they have 2 people in custody?

I can understand if they were killed in a shootout with police and are too mangled to be identified.  But surely the authority can give some details on the shooters.  White dudes sporting swastika tattoos?  Some guys with Sikh beards?  Bin Laden wannabees but with ski masks?  Perhaps a pair of Asian women totting automatic weapons?

If they were skinheads, you know they would immediately report on it.  The lack of details is a bit suspicious, unless it's still an active situation.... which they should still be giving more detailed updated. 

QUEBEC — The Canadian Hockey League says that its players and staff in Quebec City are “safe and accounted for” after a shooting incident at a mosque in the city on Sunday night.

The league’s top prospects game was scheduled to take place in Quebec City on Monday evening.

“On behalf of the CHL, OHL, WHL and QMJHL our thoughts are with the family and friends of those affected by the shooting in Quebec City earlier this evening,” the CHL said in a statement.

“All top prospect players and staff in Quebec City are safe and accounted for. We will provide any updates as necessary.”

Police said there were multiple fatalities and two suspects are in custody.

36 minutes ago, inane said:

What's with the rush to need to know? Let the cops do their job and stop begging for someone to blame so fast. 

34 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

Everyone wants their smug opinion re-enforced.

It's called getting ahead of all the rapid speculations and unsubstantiated rumours. 

Much better than just random tweets or "facts" floating out and about, with suddenly it's refugees, or how it's now racist folks spurring religious/cultural conflicts, or now it's blue on blue conflict within the Muslim community. 

They don't have to give exact details, but maybe a few stuff to put out a few fires.  If the attackers are a bunch of East Asians, then state it.  Much better than the finger pointing and soap-box grandstanding that's going on. 

2 hours ago, hsedin33 said:

More right wing terrorism, this time in Canada. This is why I fight so hard against bigotry and call it out when I see it. It has real world consequences. RIP :(:(

Ok so let me get this straight. We need to tip toe around Muslim extremists so they don't shoot people in retaliation?! This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life. These people are waging war against the western world. To honestly believe that these POS's aren't intentionally infiltrating Canada and the USA to do harm is complete cluelessness. Do I believe in a outright Muslim ban? Absolutely not. Some of the most polite and generous people I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with are from a few of the very countries banned from the USA. When I worked in Yemen I use to bring the boys boxes of Halloween candy and it would bring them to tears. The poor bastards are living in hell and my heart aches for them. With that being said. The people who come from these countries need to go through extreme Vetting. The vast majority are exceptional human beings and it sucks that they get lumped in with these snakes. But Come on guys, give your heads a shake and take your politically correct BS and throw it in the garbage for a second. Snap out of it. Stop calling everyone bigots. What do you suggest we do?! Cause obviously tip toeing around these creeps isn't an option and banning them probably won't help either. 

Archived