The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Miller is "all in."

cuporbust

pretty sure st louis could really use him, again, right about now xD but we have him. he's ours. MILLER TEIM

34 minutes ago, Iggynucks said:

Is there a link to this interview? Tried finding one online but can't.

i would also like to see said interview, or times where he put all these guys over, and not some ad lib job D: it might be over several post game interviews

7 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

pretty sure st louis could really use him, again, right about now xD but we have him. he's ours. MILLER TEIM

i would also like to see said interview, or times where he put all these guys over, and not some ad lib job D:

Found it:

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/bmac-donnie-the-moj-jan-31-hour-5-1.662040

9 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

where is miller exactly :x theres a benning interview then they ramble on about nhl iconic moments >__>

i prefer when @Ossi Vaananen does these things :x

Pretty sure they were at the Dice and Ice event tonight and had several interviews with different players. Its about 5 hours of coverage.

Here's the Soundcloud link but I have no idea where the Miller interview is. I'll probably listen to most of the interviews so I'll post what hour its in when I do find it.

puts over henr1k

enjoyed his time in vancouver

never thought he'd sign here

open to re-sign, taking it day to day

don taking a silver medal shot xD

tough moments this year, calls it a dark time, but growth period

he's been around long enough to have seem some ****

he does put over stetch and trammy

said it took him a while to get used to trammy's game

said he rebounded quickly from last year, jokingly said, as long as he gets hit by shots, he "gets in the way"

says stetch is a smart player

road record needs to get better (like, duh)

puts over marky as having potential and being a professional around him, says that's all he can do as the vet

4 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

puts over henr1k

enjoyed his time in vancouver

never thought he'd sign here

open to re-sign, taking it day to day

don taking a silver medal shot xD

tough moments this year, calls it a dark time, but growth period

he's been around long enough to have seem some ****

he does put over stetch and trammy

said it took him a while to get used to trammy's game

said he rebounded quickly from last year, jokingly said, as long as he gets hit by shots, he "gets in the way"

says stetch is a smart player

road record needs to get better (like, duh)

puts over marky as having potential and being a professional around him, says that's all he can do as the vet

Hey, there it is. Thanks.

I was so mad when we signed Miller initially as I did not like what I knew of him, found him to be a bit of a whiner, and was frustrated with the contract.

Over the past few seasons with the Canucks, every negative feeling I have had about him based on his time with Buffalo has been completed reversed and as many other folks have posted he is one of the most valuable players now on and off the ice and I have been converted to a legit Miller fan!

Miller is the man!

I'll admit, I didn't think the Miller signing was awesome when it happened. I didn't mind it but definitely thought he was on the decline. He played very well that first year but I still didn't like his body language or some of his post game interviews when things went wrong but his on ice play was exactly the calming influence the team needed. Especially after the goaltending circus that occurred the previous few seasons.

Last year absolutely everything went south in the last third of the season so it was tough to get a read on anything moving forward.

I've grown new respect for Miller this year though and that interview just reinforced what I think about him. As I said, I'm not crazy about his body language toward his own team when he gets scored on but he has definitely shown he is a team leader and is able to put a team on his back for stretches. The fact he admits sometimes he gets too emotional and says and does the wrong things goes to show that he's probably a different person in the dressing room than what we see. Obviously his teammates know this as I haven't ever gotten a bad vibe about him from them. I also love that he immediately jumped to Stecher's aid earlier in the year when Martin jumped him (that kind of thing goes a long way towards team building).

I would be OK with the Canucks re-signing to short term deal (preferably a one year deal but it might take two). I'm cautiously optimistic about Markstrom and I feel Demko is still at least a year away from just being an NHLer let alone a starter. If it becomes obvious the Canucks won't make playoffs and a good return presents itself, then definitely move him at the deadline. If its a case of just getting what you can for him, then keep him. Its tough to deal big name UFA goalies at the deadline. Most solid teams already have their starting goaltender so usually a case of an injury to a contending team has to occur.

One thing's for certain. Miller played great in his first year for us, nothing that we wouldn't expect from an "elite" goalie with hundreds of games experience. His second year was decent but pretty much below average (who wasn't?). This year, he's showing his old Miller self and proving that he's still got some gas left in the tank. He's earned a 2 year contract at the very least but after that, I think it's time he would retire

Archived