The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Miller is "all in."

cuporbust

14 hours ago, MilesFromHome said:

It's crazy to read this as a long time fan as many of you can remember this was considered (and likely still is) a goalie graveyard because of the way the media and fans treat our goalies. Miller has been a real good signing, real good.

Right. But the greater part of the 'goalie graveyard' problem was the goalies themselves. The snow, hedberg, sabourin revolving turnstile was not very inspiring

18 minutes ago, nzan said:

Right. But the greater part of the 'goalie graveyard' problem was the goalies themselves. The snow, hedberg, sabourin revolving turnstile was not very inspiring

Dont forget cloutier/auld... remember auld starting for us in the playoffs? Lmao.. lidstrom from centre ice on cloutier in playoffs... and we still managed to trade away luongo and Schneider. It's still a goalie graveyard, it's just good goalies we've been turfing this generation

On 2017-01-31 at 9:55 PM, Art Vandelay said:

He is being politcal because he will be a 37 year old goalie in a league getting much younger. His on ice performance is worth his contract, but the risk is much higher. I fully believe what he is saying, he believes. 

What he is saying is good to hear and gives reassurance that he still plans to be an elite goalie in Vancouver. I just hope Benning doesn't give a sweetheart deal

because of what Miller is saying. 

you seem pretty quick to be all cynical about miller

and then you add to your deprerssed view of the world

by suggesting that benning can somehow be fooled by miller into a contract he is not worthy of?

benning signed miller because he knew what he would bring

benning was in fact pretty accurate

benning knows what miller is worth on a contract renewal and will pay him that 

go back to your sad world of misery

47 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

you seem pretty quick to be all cynical about miller

and then you add to your deprerssed view of the world

by suggesting that benning can somehow be fooled by miller into a contract he is not worthy of?

benning signed miller because he knew what he would bring

benning was in fact pretty accurate

benning knows what miller is worth on a contract renewal and will pay him that 

go back to your sad world of misery

All that hate over one comment? 

• 3 months later...

Just an update article on the Ryan Miller situation I'd like to share. One comment he made really stood out to me. I hope they bring him back personally 

"I’ve formed relationships over the last three years and a bond with the city,” said Miller. “And I feel I play better when I have the relationships and that would be a big reason to consider coming back. But I need to have a more in-depth conversation with Jim.”

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/ben-kuzma-resolving-rebuild-will-define-ryan-millers-future-with-canucks

On 1/31/2017 at 10:24 PM, Pears said:

I'd love to have Miller back and I've said, it's a win-win for both parties if he re-signs. Demko gets a full year as the starter in Utica and Miller's here to help ease Markstrom into the starting role. But first if he agrees to it, depending on where we are, we need to pull a Toronto with him by trading him for an asset(s), then bring him back in the summer. 

The Panthers/Canucks have been easing Markstrom into the starting role for about seven years now. 

He's had a great couple years which means he is bound to have a crappy year.

Let him go get overpaid somewhere else. We would only use him for 1 or 2 years anyway.

FInd a cheaper UFA to sign or a 1/2 year deal who can share the net with Marky. 

Wait for Demko to win the job. 

Archived