The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mock Draft: Picks 1-31 Canucks listed as having pick #15

Seeker1

Come end of the season we'll have 2nd best odds for the lottery. Save our players from move up proposals because we won't need them ;). Top 3 Patrick, Hischier and Liljigren. If we fall out of the top 3 due to the lottery I'm pretty sure Benning gets his #4 guy anywhere from picks 4-7 in Elias Pettersson. Each player in the top 3 has their question marks so I don't see Benning paying the price to move up anyway.

12 minutes ago, John McClane said:

A draft like this, could be where a GM like JB gets to shine. Maybe his scouting acumen will give us the leg up in a crapshoot draft. 

Here's to Hoping.

of course it's a lot of hear say about jb's drafting talents.  for the most part his picks during his current reign here in van continue to toil outside of the nhl so . . . there is a lot of assumption that these picks are/will be successes.  no different from any other team.  the concern for me is jb's assessment of the team he inherited on arriving on the west coast.  while many if not most could see the end and hoped for a fire sale of serviceable vets still with a glean from their glory years, jb professed that we could have another run at the cup.  this miscalculation on jb's part has cost us dearly in our prospect depth.  oh and if aquilini was pulling the ropes why did jb take the job in the first place

The top 10 guys I want the Canucks to draft:

1. Patrick

2. Hischier

3. Vilardi

4. Mittlestadt

5. Petterson

6. Liljegren

7. Valimaki

8. Necas

9. Glass

10. Tolvanen

Not a fan of Tippett or Rasmussen (well Rasmussen is good, I just don't see him fitting in our future core, he's more of a middle-6 project).  

If we somehow fall closer to 10th, I also wouldn't be opposed to taking Makar or Kostin, but would prefer one of the other guys.

If we get a pick in the 2nd half of the 1st round via a trade, I would love for us to pick up a big bodied winger in Popaguev or Vesalianen, or one of the smaller skilled forwards in Yamamoto or Suzuki.  All 4 have super high ceilings IMO.

2nd round hoping for Boqvist, Mattheos, Ratcliffe, Jokiharju, or Brannstrom.  All of them might be gone by the time we get our pick though.

1 hour ago, Jägermeister said:

The top 10 guys I want the Canucks to draft:

1. Patrick

2. Hischier

3. Vilardi

4. Mittlestadt

5. Petterson

6. Liljegren

7. Valimaki

8. Necas

9. Glass

10. Tolvanen

Not a fan of Tippett or Rasmussen (well Rasmussen is good, I just don't see him fitting in our future core, he's more of a middle-6 project).  

If we somehow fall closer to 10th, I also wouldn't be opposed to taking Makar or Kostin, but would prefer one of the other guys.

If we get a pick in the 2nd half of the 1st round via a trade, I would love for us to pick up a big bodied winger in Popaguev or Vesalianen, or one of the smaller skilled forwards in Yamamoto or Suzuki.  All 4 have super high ceilings IMO.

2nd round hoping for Boqvist, Mattheos, Ratcliffe, Jokiharju, or Brannstrom.  All of them might be gone by the time we get our pick though.

Its good to look at the range of pick odds to get a sense of really narrowing down which 2 or 3 players we're likely to have a chance at - see below.

So nearly 60% chance we're picking 6th or 7th if the draft is today.

If Liljegren is still available at 6th we have to grab him up. But Valimaki might get to be Ohlund sized... and he's scoring a lot this year so a pretty decent alternative. 

TEAM 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Colorado
17.9 15.8 13.7 49.8                    

Arizona
12.1 11.6 11.1 32.9 29.2                  

Vegas
10.3 10.1 9.9 11.6 37.8 17.0                

New Jersey
10.3 10.1 9.9 2.1 22.3 33.0 9.0              

Vancouver
8.5 8.5 8.6   7.1 32.1 27.1 4.7

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

Its good to look at the range of pick odds to get a sense of really narrowing down which 2 or 3 players we're likely to have a chance at - see below.

So nearly 60% chance we're picking 6th or 7th if the draft is today.

If Liljegren is still available at 6th we have to grab him up. But Valimaki might get to be Ohlund sized... and he's scoring a lot this year so a pretty decent alternative. 

TEAM 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Colorado
17.9 15.8 13.7 49.8                    

Arizona
12.1 11.6 11.1 32.9 29.2                  

Vegas
10.3 10.1 9.9 11.6 37.8 17.0                

New Jersey
10.3 10.1 9.9 2.1 22.3 33.0 9.0              

Vancouver
8.5 8.5 8.6   7.1 32.1 27.1 4.7

Yeah but just on the off chance we win the lottery or someone takes a big fall. That's just who I want though, not really who I expect us to take. I'm expecting us to come out with one of Liljegren or Vilimaki (maybe even Makar if Liljegren is off the board).  I feel like Benning will go for a potential PPQB and all 3 of those guys fit the the bill.

1 hour ago, Jägermeister said:

Yeah but just on the off chance we win the lottery or someone takes a big fall. That's just who I want though, not really who I expect us to take. I'm expecting us to come out with one of Liljegren or Vilimaki (maybe even Makar if Liljegren is off the board).  I feel like Benning will go for a potential PPQB and all 3 of those guys fit the the bill.

Agreed, I think he's already said thats something he's going for. Kind of makes sense, we'll probably pick in the 6-8 range, but if we get really lucky (top 3) he'll go C.

Have they announced when the lotto is this year?

On 23/03/2017 at 8:45 AM, John McClane said:

A draft like this, could be where a GM like JB gets to shine. Maybe his scouting acumen will give us the leg up in a crapshoot draft. 

Here's to Hoping.

them 2nd round picks looking guud

Archived