The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Darren Raddysh

Just wondering if anyone has seen this kid play. He's put up good numbers as a defensemen the last 3 seasons without getting drafted. Granted he's been on a pretty stacked Erie team. Is he more of a product of the players around him or does he hold his own as a solid player?

Saw he had been invited to Sharks camp. Wondering if he could be a junior free agent JB could be looking at. After all, we've signed some defensemen out of junior the last few years in Sautner and McEneny

Brock Otten has him as the #2 overager free agent currently playing in the OHL:

2. Darren Raddysh - Defenseman - Erie Otters
Raddysh has been the model of consistency the last few years for Erie, playing a top 4 role for them and excelling at both ends of the ice. Over the course of the last four seasons, Raddysh is a combined +110. Defensively, he's been a rock since he entered the league, but his offensive game has hit a new level this year, as he's gained more confidence in his ability to lead the breakout and run the point on the powerplay. There's really nothing that he can't do. I think the main reason that team's have shied away from him thus far, despite good production, is the combination of average size (6'1, 200lbs) with average skating ability. He's certainly not a dynamic skater, which could prevent the offense from translating. But I think his defensive game is rock solid and should make him an valuable asset at the next level. He deserves an NHL deal.

His entire list is worth a read.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2017/01/sunday-top-10-overagers-worth-signing.html?m=1

#5 Kyle Pettit is, of course, interesting for Canucks fans. 

And at #1, Ryan Mantha is another overager D worth serious consideration. Especially since, as Brock reports, the 6'5", 225 lb defender has now improved his skating and is playing with much more intensity than previously. Could be a nice "free prospect" to add to the mix.

8 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Brock Otten has him as the #2 overager free agent currently playing in the OHL:

2. Darren Raddysh - Defenseman - Erie Otters
Raddysh has been the model of consistency the last few years for Erie, playing a top 4 role for them and excelling at both ends of the ice. Over the course of the last four seasons, Raddysh is a combined +110. Defensively, he's been a rock since he entered the league, but his offensive game has hit a new level this year, as he's gained more confidence in his ability to lead the breakout and run the point on the powerplay. There's really nothing that he can't do. I think the main reason that team's have shied away from him thus far, despite good production, is the combination of average size (6'1, 200lbs) with average skating ability. He's certainly not a dynamic skater, which could prevent the offense from translating. But I think his defensive game is rock solid and should make him an valuable asset at the next level. He deserves an NHL deal.

His entire list is worth a read.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2017/01/sunday-top-10-overagers-worth-signing.html?m=1

#5 Kyle Pettit is, of course, interesting for Canucks fans. 

And at #1, Ryan Mantha is another overager D worth serious consideration. Especially since, as Brock reports, the 6'5", 225 lb defender has now improved his skating and is playing with much more intensity than previously. Could be a nice "free prospect" to add to the mix.

Thanks, liked what I read. A few other interesting guys in there, too.

Archived