48 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

CLB 2nd round

for

Joshua Ho-Sang

OR

Jannik Hansen

for

Joshua Ho-Sang + 3rd round 

He is more matured, working hard, and having a good season in the AHL amid still making some mistakes which makes him more affordable for us.

I understand why Vancouver would want this trade but why would the Islanders do this?

Ho-Sang was taken 28th overall and "is more matured, working hard, and having a good season in the AHL " so why would they want to trade him for a 50th - 60th overall pick in a relatively poor draft year?

Most on this board would love to see the Canucks get a late first round pick for Hansen or possibly even an early second round pick. I really think you are underrating the Islanders' management to think that they would give up a young, developing former 1st round pick PLUS a 3rd round pick for a 30+ year old Hansen that you would have to protect in the expansion draft.

Vancouver would have to add to make either of these trades happen IMHO.

1) We are not allowed to trade the compensatory pick from Columbus

2) NYI let younger players like Okposo and Nielsen walk, likely because they think their prospects are better long-term options

3) As mentioned, why is NYI giving up on Ho-Sang, or letting him go for a lower pick?

3 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

I understand why Vancouver would want this trade but why would the Islanders do this?

Ho-Sang was taken 28th overall and "is more matured, working hard, and having a good season in the AHL " so why would they want to trade him for a 50th - 60th overall pick in a relatively poor draft year?

Most on this board would love to see the Canucks get a late first round pick for Hansen or possibly even an early second round pick. I really think you are underrating the Islanders' management to think that they would give up a young, developing former 1st round pick PLUS a 3rd round pick for a 30+ year old Hansen that you would have to protect in the expansion draft.

Vancouver would have to add to make either of these trades happen IMHO.

Islanders management don't like him and want to trade him. That is why. Maybe it isn't Hansen, maybe it's another piece, but I think they are going to trade Ho-Sang. I also believe that the Islanders management think they are only a couple pieces away from being competitive, which is likely true considering last year.

3 hours ago, D-Money said:

1) We are not allowed to trade the compensatory pick from Columbus

2) NYI let younger players like Okposo and Nielsen walk, likely because they think their prospects are better long-term options

3) As mentioned, why is NYI giving up on Ho-Sang, or letting him go for a lower pick?

There are plenty of articles stating that NYI have an abundance of FW prospects and are likely to part with one. Ho-Sang doesn't get along with their management and he will likely be the one to go. As for the "can't trade the Columbus pick", I've never heard anything like that until you saying it now so it might be true but I'm unsure.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Doesn't Ho Sang have a ton of baggage?  My goodness.  No thanks.

Barely. He showed up late a couple times. That is hardly a TON of baggage. We have guys showing up out of shape, that's way worse in my opinion.

37 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Islanders management don't like him and want to trade him. That is why. Maybe it isn't Hansen, maybe it's another piece, but I think they are going to trade Ho-Sang. I also believe that the Islanders management think they are only a couple pieces away from being competitive, which is likely true considering last year.

There are plenty of articles stating that NYI have an abundance of FW prospects and are likely to part with one. Ho-Sang doesn't get along with their management and he will likely be the one to go. As for the "can't trade the Columbus pick", I've never heard anything like that until you saying it now so it might be true but I'm unsure.

Barely. He showed up late a couple times. That is hardly a TON of baggage. We have guys showing up out of shape, that's way worse in my opinion.

He has had his character called into question on every team he has played on since 2013 and I'm sure before that as well but digging info in his Midget years wouldn't really serve a purpose anyhow kids will be kids. However it has seemed that this reputation has followed him everywhere and he hasn't seemed to be doing anything to make it go away.

That being said he's still a interesting prospect to me at least, his upside is hard to ignore. Unless your Nucks management who doesn't seem to care how skilled you are if they don't like your attitude. See how many games Shink, Subban have played and their rep for cocky attitude isn't nearly as bad as Ho Sang. I'd bet he's traded to one of those analytic loving teams. JB doesn't touch him with Tryamkin's hockey stick and honestly I respect that. JB is building a playoff competitor not an all star team.  

Think it'd come down to how management views him.

If they see him as matured and Sven Baertschi material (talent that the Isles just don't want) then they'll likely throw an asset at him (2nd would be entirely reasonable, that's what it has cost to obtain certain talents deemed to be on the fringe of breaking into the league like Sven).

If they see him as an individual still, a la Jared McCann (lone ranger, alienating, etc.) then no dice from us.  Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Wings, Devils (both find gems out of nowhere), Canes (stole Teravainen from the Hawks), Rangers (Vesey) or Hawks, who are willing to take risks on individual talents (maybe the Habs too given Radulov?) swept in and stole him though, those teams aren't afraid to pick up enigmas and generally seem to be willing to take risks on mercurial talents (all those teams have savvy GM's).    

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, ajhockey said:

If his attitude's improved, I'd be willing to take a flyer on him. If not, I have the same stance on him as I do on Evander Kane. No character, don't want him.

Because a team full of "character" guys, wins championships....Marchand, Doughty, Keith, Lucic, Kessel, Malkin = Character....

tumblr_m3xm9ylZGe1qfph1s.gif

6 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

4 points in 7 games. Told you he was worth it.

He hasn't got under 13:54 in ice time (averaged 16:02) per game and has averaged 2:09 minutes per game in pp ice time.  This is while playing on a team 1 point outside of a playoff spot. 

Do you really think he would be getting the same opportunity here?

For reference Goldoblin is the same age and had out produced Ho Sang in the AHL this year.  Both players are still joining new teams and yet Goldobin hasn't played a game over 12:41, (averages 9:31 TOI/PG).  he has a TOTAL of 2:34 in pp time (averages out to 0:51 per game) in the 3 games he's played in Vancouver despite scoring a goal in his first game.  This is on a team 6-10 points outside of a playoff spot. 

Archived