The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Listening to...Country..

Rate this topic

ShakyWalton

• 2 weeks later...

Old school country...

I've always believed that the above version was the BEST one there is (sorry, Tom T Hall) but this one below is the one that seems to have tied for that top spot. I had no idea Roseanne Cash and Johnny had recorded it as well! My new earworm....

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Upvote 3
  • 5 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 5:02 AM, Gollumpus said:

regards,  G.

@Gollumpus

Oh what memories this brings back. My Dad had the Marty Robbins - More Greatest Hits (1961) album back in the day and we knew all the songs forwards and backwards and inside out! There was a bit of a warp in the outer edge so we learned to sing 'Don't Worry' complete with the warp floop in it! Even now, we still do it and the album is in my collection of vinyl.

One of my favourite Marty Robbins songs songs ever...Saddle Tramp

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

My favourite album.  But Johnny Horton is a very close second.

Johnny Horton has always figured big in my home and in the one I grew up in! I see your Rock Island Line and Raise you When It's Springtime in Alaska (It's 40 below)

This album has always been my 'house cleaning' music! :lol:

Edited by Cerridwen
  • Upvote 1

El Paso and North to Alaska have been playing in my head for a few weeks now. This has happened to me in the music threads before with other songs.

I can still see the Johnny Horton records in their box next to Sandy Posey and Bobby Gentry.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...