The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MacIntyre’s thoughts: Up with Hansen, down with Larsen

HOFsedins

4 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

He has been a healthy scratch the past four games due to Nick Jensen's emergence. 

The Red Wings opted to waive Marchenko because he doesn't skate as well as Jensen

Good on the Wings for having depth and a healthy team. 

I can't speak for Jensen. Only seen him play once. No opinion. I've watched Marchenko.  The guy battles. Battles hard!  Was an absolute favorite of Babcock when he was in Detroit.  He'd be a fantastic 7th or 8th D man.

As I said; Biega with size & speed. 

32 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I'd actually think it is the opposite. I'm not faulting Willie for this one... I think he likes the dependable, 'what you see is what you get' type over the guy with the 'potential' to impress. That's why it took awhile to give Baertschi proper ice time and why Stetcher was sent down despite being one of the best dmen on the team. 

Larsen seems like a guy that was brought in to try and appease fans' rightful thirst for a PMD. Benning hyped him on 1040 and Larsen couldn't match it.

Larsen was brought in because WD recommended him since he played for WD in the AHL in Texas.  Larsen is exactly Vey.

30 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

27 is too old for a defenseman now Alf?

I think so, on a rebuilding team for a fringe player.  Those roles should be filled by younger guys.  I like that we have Stecher, Tryamkin, and Hutton.  Maybe, Pedan should be playing ahead of Larsen?  

25 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Larsen was brought in because WD recommended him since he played for WD in the AHL in Texas.  Larsen is exactly Vey.

i hope WD never ever becomes GM, because that's just poor scouting. Larsen is a disaster of a dman. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think so, on a rebuilding team for a fringe player.  Those roles should be filled by younger guys.  I like that we have Stecher, Tryamkin, and Hutton.  Maybe, Pedan should be playing ahead of Larsen?  

absolutely Tryamkin, Stetcher and Hutton are all ahead of Larsen. 

There is absolutely no logic to keeping a dman who can't even defend well, on the roster. WD plays favorites. Megna? Larsen? If it were up to WD, we'd be filling the roster with AHL players that used to play for him in Texas. LMAO. no thanks. 

Biega over Larsen for sure. I think of McIntyre as a sensible reporter (unlike a lot of the others)  and here, he is just frustrated as we are regarding Larsen. Whenever Larsen is on the ice, it looked like there is a fire drill going on in the Canucks zone. Everybody is trying to evacuate but can't because puck never gets out.

Hansen over Eriksson, I disagree. I think Eriksson and Sedins are finally showing some chemistry. Let's keep them together a bit longer. Hansen is going to produce wherever he is put anyways.

And I guess, obviously, we should be trading Hansen although no one really wants to see him go. It sucks but it is what it is.

maybe benning leaves sutter  available over hansen  baertchi granny

sutter is a decent center  could see  vegas biting on  him available 

or trade hansen go with youth 

protect sedins eriksson hansen baertchi granlund  horvat 7 f

trade tanev to highest bidder

protect guddy edler sbisa

What does it say about your ruggedness when Taylorfr*cking-fragile Hall puts you in a hospital bed? Happy the kid's alive..but C'mon man! Is this a D blueline or the Oly figure skating roster?!

As I've been witnessing WD's roster-deployment, I've started shaking like that crazy lil' fr*cking wheat farmer. Watching me, the Missus thinks another quake's struck! It's a chain reaction, like them bloody Direct TV ads.

16 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

What does it say about your ruggedness when Taylorfr*cking-fragile Hall puts you in a hospital bed? Happy the kid's alive..but C'mon man! Is this a D blueline or the Oly figure skating roster?!

As I've been witnessing WD's roster-deployment, I've started shaking like that crazy lil' fr*cking wheat farmer. Watching me, the Missus thinks another quake's struck! It's a chain reaction, like them bloody Direct TV ads.

More about Larsen's defensive awareness and common sense than his ruggedness. He got caught being stupid and paid dearly, poor little guy.

Pretty surprised WD is willing to put him back out there considering he's a danger to himself, sucks at defense and takes games away from Biega, who we all want to have enough games for exposure after JB trades Sbisa.

When the camera zooms in on Willy, if you look in his eyes, you can actually see a hamster on a wheel.

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

More about Larsen's defensive awareness and common sense than his ruggedness. He got caught being stupid and paid dearly, poor little guy.

Pretty surprised WD is willing to put him back out there considering he's a danger to himself, sucks at defense and takes games away from Biega, who we all want to have enough games for exposure after JB trades Sbisa.

When the camera zooms in on Willy, if you look in his eyes, you can actually see a hamster on a wheel.

'Tis a brave man, who stares into the tremblin' abyss.

& it's a fine quote, Lucky. I'd formerly never have been one to heckle the hamster..but this coach has driven me to the brink! :^)

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

absolutely Tryamkin, Stetcher and Hutton are all ahead of Larsen. 

There is absolutely no logic to keeping a dman who can't even defend well, on the roster. WD plays favorites. Megna? Larsen? If it were up to WD, we'd be filling the roster with AHL players that used to play for him in Texas. LMAO. no thanks. 

Hey, I think I solved the "trading the vets" issue.  Fire Willie, and whatever team he ends up on next, our vets will surely soon follow.

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

'Tis a brave man, who stares into the tremblin' abyss.

& it's a fine quote, Lucky. I'd formerly never have been one to heckle the hamster..but this coach has driven me to the brink! :^)

I'm over WD, hope this is his last 30 games with the Nux.

9 hours ago, Sygvard said:

I truly hope that you just happen to hate Larsen so much that you made an account specifically to say he should go back to Russia.

I am going to make up a fun story in my head about him defeating your father in a duel. And you starting a lifelong quest of training to defeat him with your signature armbar. 

Good luck on your quest for vengeance friend. 

This is exactly what happened.

Megna is also on my hit list.

It was a gamble and it didn't work out. No big deal only a 5th rounder. You win some, you lose some. BUT forcing it to work is the frustrating part.

i like biega. He's a foot solider. Plays a simple game and for a 7/8 dman that's exactly what you want. 

Subban and pedan deserve 3 games each. At the very least you can show case them to flip for a forward. 

Trade sbisa for a pick. 

Edler-stetcher

hutton-tryamkin

pedan-tanev

Biega-subban

guddy (IR) 

This team keeps doing things that everyone criticizes that later work out.  Larsen's definitely not able to handle guys in front of the net, but it's possible that he can learn a few techniques to make up for it.  He came into a bit of a $hitshow with a mandate to get the PP on track, but if he can get comfortable I think that his speed on O-line work could be nice assets.  Biega was the reliable player that he should be known as, but I think we can safely give Larsen a shot.  To me it looks like a last look.

6 minutes ago, billabong said:

It was a gamble and it didn't work out. No big deal only a 5th rounder. You win some, you lose some. BUT forcing it to work is the frustrating part.

i like biega. He's a foot solider. Plays a simple game and for a 7/8 dman that's exactly what you want. 

Subban and pedan deserve 3 games each. At the very least you can show case them to flip for a forward. 

Trade sbisa for a pick. 

Edler-stetcher

hutton-tryamkin

pedan-tanev

Biega-subban

guddy (IR) 

What's the problem with making Subban wait until next year?  They clearly have an idea about what he needs, not a hate-on or a blind spot.

Archived