The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) what to do with hansen and sbisa

2 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

People who imagine Gaudette stepping in and being immediately awesome are the same who thought the same of Cassels because of that Memorial Cup.

Starting as a 4th liner isn't too unrealistic as he's supposed to be a 1st or 2nd line center one day. No horvat did it, why can't he if he puts in the work. And btw cassels had development issues because of an ab injury and I think he also had mono but I'm not too sure about that. 

4 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

I don't know, some other poster said something about "We might get lucky and they'll take Dorsett"

Expansion teams need fighters, they bond with the crowd and are instantly the most popular players, Dorsett has that small guy big heart storyline going that new fans can instantly pick up on and get behind.

I'm really thinking that by the time they get to us it might be Dorsett who goes,

Or Benning could do the right thing and leave Gudbransson unprotected, apparently he wasn't a raise next year, but doesn't feel like he should learn to play hockey first. That's instant trade repellant, he isn't going to help us, and he'll have to be qualified at more than he currently makes wasting both a roster spot and cap space on a guy who looks like he should be a Norris winner but then the whistle blows and you realize he has no idea what he's doing

+10, if sarcastic

3 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

Starting as a 4th liner isn't too unrealistic as he's supposed to be a 1st or 2nd line center one day. No horvat did it, why can't he if he puts in the work. And btw cassels had development issues because of an ab injury and I think he also had mono but I'm not too sure about that. 

yah....

5 hours ago, billabong said:

ive said the same. both should be moved

sbisa doesnt have a ntc so he fits the bill to deal at the deadline. send him away for a pick

hansen. ntc says he can submit an 8 team list to trade to and benning said that stuff to protect his players from the media.

SO benning didnt say he isnt going to ask a player for his OK list. trading hansen to one of his 8 teams would not be asking him to waive his ntc, trading him to the other 22 teams who require him to waive his ntc

also benning could go to miller, burrows, hansen and be like "hey man, we know what we said and were not asking you to waive BUT if you want to win a cup or a change just come to us and we'll make that happen"

no, im not a lawyer. im just that good. ;)

He again explained that it was too much of a distraction last year with players wondering if they were going to be traded or not.  Hansen was even quoted saying he's happy he won't be asked for his list. 

Has the view of Sbisa around the league really changed.  People here see that Sbisa is less mistake prone and could be a decent enough D but back in Nov, McKenzie was still talking of how he is overpaid for a 3rd pairing D.  McKenzie gets his info from executives around the league so to have trade value perception has to change.   He still has a year on his deal and 3.6M might be seen as too high with the cap staying flat next year. 

6 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Burrows and Miller both add a LOT to the team so far as character is concerned. That's a term that gets thrown around a lot, but when the going gets tough, it;'s Burrows who butt ends the guy who cheap shots our star, it's Miller charging into the scuffle with a guy twice his size when our rookie D man is being pushed around.

Funny after all this time the biggest physical deterrent on our team is probably Burrows, players would be nervous to take a cheap shot at our stars with him in the game, simply because they know he's a guy that will hurt them if need be, there aren't many guys left in the league like that. None of those guys are afraid to fight anyone, that isn't a deterrent, but they don't want their knee torn up from a slew foot or wrist broken from a slash, and Burrows is one of the few guys left that will go there, as we saw in the Leafs game, that actually does scare other players.

for sure gives them trade value at deadline we can always resign them in summer to cheap deals if they wanna come back  same goes for sedins next trade deadline solid vets  that can get us some young future depth and return for a final kick at can  in 2-3 yrs when horvat, boeser, tryamkin, juolevi, virtanen , hutton , stecher, guddy  are driving the plays that win us games 

12 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

And don't give me the NTC BS if he knew he wasn't coming back and had plenty of notice then he would have gone, Vrbata could have been a 2nd, The pens would have taken him and Hamhuis together I think for a solid return

All assets down the crapper

So you don't want to hear the truth?

Hammer said Chicago or dallas. Chicago grabbed Ladd and couldn't fit him in. Dallas tried to bend benning over and offer a 4th rounder at the last minute.

Vrbata had a list of teams he would accept a trade to... 

“I don’t think I handcuffed them, but I knew what I was doing,” he told Postmedia. “I could have given a lot more (options) and I would have moved. If I wanted to get traded, I would have been traded.”

9 hours ago, mll said:

He again explained that it was too much of a distraction last year with players wondering if they were going to be traded or not.  Hansen was even quoted saying he's happy he won't be asked for his list. 

Has the view of Sbisa around the league really changed.  People here see that Sbisa is less mistake prone and could be a decent enough D but back in Nov, McKenzie was still talking of how he is overpaid for a 3rd pairing D.  McKenzie gets his info from executives around the league so to have trade value perception has to change.   He still has a year on his deal and 3.6M might be seen as too high with the cap staying flat next year. 

Benning said that to keep it private. I said that. He could very well be like Hansen we can't protect you in the draft, would you like to choose where you want to play instead of risking playing for Vegas? 

Some teams need his cap hit to get to the floor and are thin on D ala njd, car, ari, and bos. 

Not saying hes in demand, just saying there's gotta be a market for him

Archived