The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Cleared Waivers] Leafs D Frank Corrado

7 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I don't think we should claim him so he can sit in our press box. Hutton is coming back and we have Biega. How brutal would that be to get claimed to sit in another teams press box and watch. I hope he gets picked up somewhere that will play him. 

That's true.  Maybe Colorado or Arizona gets him?  He's a good kid, and certainly deserves a chance.  I just hope he gets claimed, so the Loser Leafs don't get to keep him.

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I hope he's claimed by a team that actually needs him and will give him a shot.

He qualifies as damaged goods now, I doubt he's progressed at all in Toronto, but I'd claim him at the last minute if there aren't any other takers.

Bet he's going to have a serious chip on his shoulder against the leafs.

Like the chip he had agains us. Wow seemd like the whole team especially Burr wanted to face wash him every chance they got.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That's true.  Maybe Colorado or Arizona gets him?  He's a good kid, and certainly deserves a chance.  I just hope he gets claimed, so the Loser Leafs don't get to keep him.

22 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Cdc gonna explode. What a fn joke. Poor guy never deserved what he got. Hope he gets picked up. Arizona or the Avs maybe. Good luck Corrado on getting the F out of that Org.

Yep!

10 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I don't think we should claim him so he can sit in our press box. Hutton is coming back and we have Biega. How brutal would that be to get claimed to sit in another teams press box and watch. I hope he gets picked up somewhere that will play him. 

Yeah it would be brutal. He needs to play, I wonder how many minutes he has actually seen on the ice during games since he was claimed? Probably more than Reid Boucher but probably not by much!

4 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Like the chip he had agains us. Wow seemd like the whole team especially Burr wanted to face wash him every chance they got.  

Meh, he should still be pissed here too. Sign and waive, bit of a low blow, but not nearly as low as Toronto's- claim and press box.

We could probably claim him, but do we even need him at this point? I suppose we could waive Larsen but do we?

Feel bad for the dude, he really wanted things to work over there and the Laffs jerked him around for a year. Dude got paid but I'm not sure it was worth the damage they did to his career and development.

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don't we have first dibs, because he was claimed from our putting him on waivers?

Nope, I believe there is a time or game limit rule (don't know the exact threshold off hand)... like the player has to be waived again within 30 days for that to be in effect.

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pick up Corrado, waive Larsen.

Asset management? 

And then waive him again when Hutton returns. :lol:

But Corrado would be another legitimate reason to end this painful Larsen experiment.

56 minutes ago, mll said:

Babcock had Marchenko in Detroit - he must have given input.  Will hopefully be different for him than Corrado.

Yeah marchenko played 14 games for Babcock and 100 in the AHL in those 2 seasons. Let's hope this time goes better for him.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Another black mark against the Laffs.  They literally wasted a year of this kids life jerking him around.

What a frigging joke

Probs gonna do the same with Marchenko tbh. Guarantee any other team does this they'd have gotten some kind of penalty by now. 

It was nice to have Corrado in our system a year and a half ago before we knew what we had in Hutton. Since then we've additionally added Gudbranson, Stecher and Tryamkin into our top 7 and have plenty of depth past that.

We have no need for Corrado. Hope the universe pays him back for his year+ in purgatory.

I'm actually not sold on bringing Corrado back (and having him in the Canucks lineup). With what we already have, would he just be sitting on the bench here like he was in Toronto?

Perhaps the AHL might be a good idea for him right now.

35 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'm actually not sold on bringing Corrado back (and having him in the Canucks lineup). With what we already have, would he just be sitting on the bench here like he was in Toronto?

Perhaps the AHL might be a good idea for him right now.

yeah AHL would be ideal, it's where he should've been at the start of last season... Leafs really screwed that up.

Archived