The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Peter Budaj for Vezina Trophy?

I've literally never started a thread before so it's fitting that the one I actually did start had nothing to do with the Canucks. 

Peter Budaj won't win the Vezina and likely won't even be nominated. Largely because he will no longer be a starter in a few weeks and, even if he were to keep his position for the rest of the year, nobody knows who the &^@# Peter Budaj is. I assume the average hockey fan probably thought he washed out of the league ages ago. But the dude not only stepped into a role that was seemingly impossible to replace but he's done so in spades. And it's a brilliant story for those who enjoy the ballad of a comeback kid. 

I don't care for the Kings whatsoever but I live in Southern California and I can attest that Budaj's season isn't even a blip on the radar and that's a real damn shame. Kudos to him and even if some of his numbers are a reflection of the team around him, he's going to get an opportunity to at least timeshare for another franchise for the next few years. And that's a good thing. Hockey is a sport that allows those gifted enough to play it professionally many opportunities to play it well. 

I hoped to accomplish nothing with this thread. Love you all. 

38 minutes ago, zzbottom said:

I've literally never started a thread before so it's fitting that the one I actually did start had nothing to do with the Canucks. 

Peter Budaj won't win the Vezina and likely won't even be nominated. Largely because he will no longer be a starter in a few weeks and, even if he were to keep his position for the rest of the year, nobody knows who the &^@# Peter Budaj is. I assume the average hockey fan probably thought he washed out of the league ages ago. But the dude not only stepped into a role that was seemingly impossible to replace but he's done so in spades. And it's a brilliant story for those who enjoy the ballad of a comeback kid. 

I don't care for the Kings whatsoever but I live in Southern California and I can attest that Budaj's season isn't even a blip on the radar and that's a real damn shame. Kudos to him and even if some of his numbers are a reflection of the team around him, he's going to get an opportunity to at least timeshare for another franchise for the next few years. And that's a good thing. Hockey is a sport that allows those gifted enough to play it professionally many opportunities to play it well. 

I hoped to accomplish nothing with this thread. Love you all. 

Finally becoming successor to Patrick Roy

32 minutes ago, khay said:

So, this proves that anyone decent can be the Kings goalie and post 920 save percentage and below 2GAA. Goes to show that Quick is overrated.

Hmm wow, seems like you're onto something here.  Exhibit A: Jhonas Enroth (his stats peaked BIG TIME with L.A.)

J.jpg

Then again, having that elite goalie behind the elite D (like the Preds or Rangers) could really make them just that much better.

2 hours ago, hatedkid666 said:

Budaj is barley an AHL goalie. But anyone can be play keeper for the Kings and put up good numbers

Yeah, Scrivens and Enroth did really well there too. It's a plug and play system for goalies :P

Archived