The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Wild @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I feel that it is time to let go Willie.   I am beginning to wonder when enough is enough for Jim Benning to see this unfold as Willie continued to do the same thing again and again.   Get a real coach and there are a coach available right now, Gallant or promote Green before you miss the opportunity to get a good coach.   There are a few coach that is great and once he is available, grab him asap.   I do not feel that Gallant is a fit but its better than nothing.   Sign him to coach until end of the season as temporary coach.    If he proves to be better and Canucks start winning then keep him. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

End of this upcoming road trip and the Canucks should be securely locked into the top 3 position.

I just hope they pick a direction and go with it. 

Will it be the comeback kids with Hansen and soon Hutton back as the magical elixir?

or get beat up and humiliated on the road as has been the tendency?

Time to make sure we are sellers at the deadline.  5 points out with only 10 games left before TD, it's time to start letting teams know players are available and getting deals put together.    One of Tanev or Sbisa needs to be moved, along with one of Hansen, Granlund, or Baertschi.   And we should be approaching a few players about their NTC. if fiddler gets a 4th, burr should be picking up at least a 3rd.  Miller should also be looked at to be moved.

3 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

I feel that it is time to let go Willie.   I am beginning to wonder when enough is enough for Jim Benning to see this unfold as Willie continued to do the same thing again and again.   Get a real coach and there are a coach available right now, Gallant or promote Green before you miss the opportunity to get a good coach.   There are a few coach that is great and once he is available, grab him asap.   I do not feel that Gallant is a fit but its better than nothing.   Sign him to coach until end of the season as temporary coach.    If he proves to be better and Canucks start winning then keep him. 

I assume Willie is going to be with us for the rest of the season. Would make sense to relieve him off of his duties in the offseason. Pretty sure his contract ends after this season anyways.

Although I'm pissed right now I don't think it's that doom and gloom.

You put Markstrom in net I think he could go on a run and be a wall in net, get that useless Larsen out of the lineup and then hope Edler doesn't play like Larsen and our 3 Swedish forwards help the rest of the team and they can get back in this.

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Time to make sure we are sellers at the deadline.  5 points out with only 10 games left before TD, it's time to start letting teams know players are available and getting deals put together.    One of Tanev or Sbisa needs to be moved, along with one of Hansen, Granlund, or Baertschi.   And we should be approaching a few players about their NTC. if fiddler gets a 4th, burr should be picking up at least a 3rd.  Miller should also be looked at to be moved.

It did sound like they were considering moves based on Linden's interview on 1040 this week. They aren't going to be buyers and it sounded to me like they would consider moves. I just can't see Willie winning more than 1 game on the road trip. Expansion really throws a wrench into things tho. 

Archived