The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Wild @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Well, if there was any doubts (or should I say hopes) the last two games showed us that they cant run with the big dogs.

Ive been watching this team for decades and I can say with confidence that clogging up the neutral zone, dumping and chasing the puck, and praying that miller will stand on his head  with the end goal of getting bit@ slapped in the playoffs is not the best path.  This team needs to hit some kind of home run in the next 2 or 3 drafts.

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Hey Alfstonker, let's see you sing the praises of Willie now? Your idiot son once again let's Biega sit for Larsen.

Fire Willie Benning you idiot or we will all be calling by for your head soon. 

News flash, if Larsen got shipped out by what was an awful Oiler team... that should have been our first clue that he is garbage 

Keep WD until the off season. He is our best shot at a top pick and Larsen is insurance.  

Last 10 games

3-4-3

Good for 3rd worst in the league. 

And the schedule is about to narrate a script from Scared Straight to JB.

Its going to get ugly.

The re-fool, rebuild, or whatever *re* buzzword it is this week might finally result in the acquisition of a draft pick. Even just one pick acquisition would be impressive. 

44 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Still a lot of hockey left to play. I find it entertaining to watch everyone blame a 6-3 loss to a top western team on the number 7/8 d-man

Haven't seen the game but tend to agree. Mikael Granlund is havig a career year and really has been unstoppable, at least for his 12 game point streak (which leads the league for this season, btw). The Wild overall have been incredible, with production coming consistently from every line and even D pairs. Their goaltending is our of this world, Duby seemingly never tires, and Kuemper holds his own.

The loss was disappointing, but not shocking. No way we could compete; our last win against them was a fluke. 

I just noticed Troy Stecher leads our defencemen in points with 14. Think about that. A rookie leading our defence in points. And he only has 14. I'm thinking that Olli Juolevi pick is looking better and better.  I hope Juolevi is given every opportunity to make this club next year. As long as he's ready of course. We definitely need a true #1 defenceman. 

29 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

6 game road trip. The question is will we win another game before we get back to Vancouver?  

This road trip will certainly determine what Benning is going to do at the trade deadline. There may be some veterans that don't come back to Vancouver after this trip is complete. 

I have a feeling that we will be losing more than we win and it will ultimately put us out of the playoff contention.

6 hours ago, Darius71 said:

Well, if there was any doubts (or should I say hopes) the last two games showed us that they cant run with the big dogs.

Ive been watching this team for decades and I can say with confidence that clogging up the neutral zone, dumping and chasing the puck, and praying that miller will stand on his head  with the end goal of getting bit@ slapped in the playoffs is not the best path.  This team needs to hit some kind of home run in the next 2 or 3 drafts.

Couldn't have said it better, and don't get why people dont get that. I dont want to get swept in thw first round while 16 other teams get better prospects than us, we need the best prospects.

9 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Agreed. I can live with Tryamkin's mistakes, because its his first full year in the league and he's showcased his potential on numerous occasions. His good games are much more frequent than his bad ones. Same with Stecher, you expect some hiccups at that age so if he has an off night you can live with it. Larsen's 27, he's not going to improve, and he hasn't shown anything positive to outweigh the negatives and show he deserves a spot in the lineup.

outweigh a pencil...maybe.

7 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Keep WD until the off season. He is our best shot at a top pick and Larsen is insurance.  

True but we tried that last year and failed and when we finally had a decent shot at a pick we chose Virt over Nylander and Ehlers so don't bet on the draft 

Archived