The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Larsen experiment has failed: Bring back the Bulldog

*Buzzsaw*

6 hours ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Ericksson is worse by far!

Exactly. Oh no, our 7/8 defensman isn't panning out. Better load up the family and swerve into an oncoming semi. 

LE has been one of the worse signings in the history of our franchise.  

Weber was a miss, Larsen is a miss.......if only this team had another smallish RHD with great offensive instincts who through experience could grow into his potential defensive shortcomings. 

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Weber Bart Vey Megna Larsen 

Notice how Minnesota has switched to bigger hitting players and how they control the tempo of the play.

Our top players have enough finesse types --BOTH on D and our top 6.

#freeTheBulldog

Yet Pedan gets absolutely no chance to play and Tramp was almost like the "last resort" before he was given a chance. More WD thought process.

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

Exactly. Oh no, our 7/8 defensman isn't panning out. Better load up the family and swerve into an oncoming semi. 

LE has been one of the worse signings in the history of our franchise.  

Willie D is a teacher not a tactician. LE is not here to be taught how to play the game. He needs a coach who is a tactician. Look how well Babcock is doing with all his young players. The problem is the coach behind the bench cant create offense to compete at this level. Its not a slight at him its just the reality

2 hours ago, two drink minimum said:

Willie D is a teacher not a tactician. LE is not here to be taught how to play the game. He needs a coach who is a tactician. Look how well Babcock is doing with all his young players. The problem is the coach behind the bench cant create offense to compete at this level. Its not a slight at him its just the reality

Babcock is one of the best, but to be fair, he has Mathews, Marner, Nylander, all are performing better than Bo, our best young talent.

11 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Yet Pedan gets absolutely no chance to play and Tramp was almost like the "last resort" before he was given a chance. More WD thought process.

If it weren't for some injuries earlier this season, Tryamkin would've been sitting in the press box a lot more.

Larsen is not an NHL capable defenseman at all. Benning would be wise to demote his soft and useless ass to the AHL where he'll continue to plummet down the depth chart there.

His play has demonstrated absolutely zero reason to keep him up with a team that's struggling. He is the weakest spot on the defense by a country mile. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why he is still being given games. Is Benning forcing Willie's hand and stating that Larsen needs to be given a long look, or is Willie so inept that he thinks that Larsen will eventually come around, you know....like the power play?

The defense, going forward, will be a strength of this team, and for that reason alone, it is of the highest importance to remove Larsen from the lineup to allow any other player from Biega, to literally any defenseman on the Comets to take the spot.

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Larsen is not an NHL capable defenseman at all. Benning would be wise to demote his soft and useless ass to the AHL where he'll continue to plummet down the depth chart there.

His play has demonstrated absolutely zero reason to keep him up with a team that's struggling. He is the weakest spot on the defense by a country mile. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why he is still being given games. Is Benning forcing Willie's hand and stating that Larsen needs to be given a long look, or is Willie so inept that he thinks that Larsen will eventually come around, you know....like the power play?

The defense, going forward, will be a strength of this team, and for that reason alone, it is of the highest importance to remove Larsen from the lineup to allow any other player from Biega, to literally any defenseman on the Comets to take the spot.

Willie coached him when he was an AC in Dallas (in a year they missed the playoffs....)  so maybe he thinks given time he'll shore up his crappy play.

Biega might be banged up, and there's no love for trying out Pedan. If Wilbrod absolutely must have Larsen in for the PP, then why not also play Biega as a 7th D? Shorten up that super valuable Skille spot and at least at home he can get better defensive zone matchups.

42 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Is it just me or did Milbury help set up the Canucks for the last ten years? haha he traded us Bertuzzi aaannnd had the amazing idea of going with Dipietro instead of Luongo

31 minutes ago, Joe_Kerr said:

Is it just me or did Milbury help set up the Canucks for the last ten years? haha he traded us Bertuzzi aaannnd had the amazing idea of going with Dipietro instead of Luongo

Yup, that jerk is responsible for a lot of the Canucks successes over the last 10 years :lol: It makes me laugh every time I see him on tv, which thankfully isn't much. 

Archived