The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1st and 4th line shake up.

Freeridebc

17 minutes ago, Freeridebc said:

Do you suppose that thought's perhaps crossed Henrik's mind though? Bo's clearly the way of the future, and yeah, Hank has done a lot for this team. 

Helping the new lineage of leadership come along seems like something  he'd be on board for. 

You can mentor new leaders without changing letters on a jersey. You're making way to much of this.

I remember when the C was taken from Modano and given to Morrow, only so they could then usher Morrow out the door.  Let things happen naturally and respectfully.  Bo's day is coming.  Let desire for him to become captain continue to build, and let it be the obvious course of action when it happens.

Regarding the first line, the Sedins average ice time per game is between 1:00 and 1:30 more than Bo so it really doesn't matter what line anyone is on if they are getting the same amount of ice time. To meet the op's objective just take one shift per game from the Sedins and give it to Bo and it would average out.

The fourth line is the least of this team's problems. These guys may not be putting up big points and some guys unfortunately seem to think everyone has to score 20+ goals, I'm not overly excited with Chaput but Gaunce and Skille have been workhorses. Anyone who knows hockey should see this.

Lets face it, this team isn't a great team. We've been spoiled in the past with greatness but right now the players just aren't there or aren't ready in the system for the NHL.

There is a chance that Boesser may get a handful of games in if he signs as soon as his season ends and maybe another college free agent signing, otherwise this is the best we have (minus Larsen that is, he should be benched)

1 hour ago, Freeridebc said:

Do you suppose that thought's perhaps crossed Henrik's mind though? Bo's clearly the way of the future, and yeah, Hank has done a lot for this team. 

Helping the new lineage of leadership come along seems like something  he'd be on board for. 

I don't think it is no. It's pretty rare for a Captain to give up his 'C' willingly, usually the team forces it when the Captain doesn't live up to his responsibilities. Or when the team is in a perpetual identity crisis *cough* Sharks *cough*. Henrik has done so much for this team and city I can't picture them strong arming him to give it to Bo. 

Let's be brutally honest for a second too. Henrik's number is going up to the rafters. Bo, while perpetually improving and showing tremendous promise, is not the type of player who would warrant giving up the captaincy for. And I couldn't imagine Bo even asking for it. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who needs a 'C' to be a leader. Bo will get it in due time.

12 hours ago, IBatch said:

Maybe stick Bo infront of the net on the first pp and start giving them more offensive starts.  Problem is I'm not sure how the Sedins will do taking on more of a defensive role. They responded well  for the first half of the Torts experiment but fell of the cliff later on and that was a few years ago...This year they seem slower than ever and I don't have a lot of confidence ( and I don't think the coaching staff does either) in assigning them to chase picks in their own end and bring then back up the ice.  

The best we can hope for is a healthy Hansen on the Sedins line and offense by committee which for the most part we've been getting.

We also need more offense from the back end in the goals category.  

Horvat has done enough to earn so better chances particularly on the first PP unit.  Maybe this is something they can work on in practice and the if it's working well come game time.

This year we dont really have a first line more like two servicable second lines and an excellent third line.  Maybe next year with the arrival of Boesser things will change...Or maybe L.E. will come out of his funk the same way he did after he was traded to Boston...

The problèm with the torts experimenting was that they Were on defensive duty, while also being looked at for 1st line production. 

12 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

The problèm with the torts experimenting was that they Were on defensive duty, while also being looked at for 1st line production. 

That's right. And we should all know by this point of the season that even their offence has dried up considerably. I can't remember the last time they created a grade A scoring chance.. seriously think about? 

Their points have declined sharply compared to usage ( more offensive starts, power play time, sheltered minutes along side linemates like Sutter (faceoffs) & Hansen ( speed). Their gamble on Erikson as their $6mil linemate is not paying Off either. Erickson is just another mess that I can't figure out. Is he sleep? Where is this  6$mil fwd that we were told was capable of being a factor? Ok fail of a signing so far. 

I think the the only hope is to split the twins and try to shelter their high minutes even more. If they can act as the shooters  for their Line maybe they can be effective at this age on different lines.

14 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

That's right. And we should all know by this point of the season that even their offence has dried up considerably. I can't remember the last time they created a grade A scoring chance.. seriously think about? 

Their points have declined sharply compared to usage ( more offensive starts, power play time, sheltered minutes along side linemates like Sutter (faceoffs) & Hansen ( speed). Their gamble on Erikson as their $6mil linemate is not paying Off either. Erickson is just another mess that I can't figure out. Is he sleep? Where is this  6$mil fwd that we were told was capable of being a factor? Ok fail of a signing so far. 

I think the the only hope is to split the twins and try to shelter their high minutes even more. If they can act as the shooters  for their Line maybe they can be effective at this age on different lines.

Burrows Hank Hansen

Daniel Bo Baertschi 

Granlund Sutter eriksson 

No particular  order 

13 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Burrows Hank Hansen

Daniel Bo Baertschi 

Granlund Sutter eriksson 

No particular  order 

velly intellesting

arte.jpg

and Skille Gaunce Labate?

I like the idea of splitting up the twins. They are slowing down and each of them could use two faster players with them. It might spark Daniel. The twin's 6th sense with each other has worn down to a 5, even 4 some nights. ie..its not as imperative to play them together anymore, or at least not all the time.

Danny - Hank - Hansen

Baertschi - Bo - Erikkson

Granlund - Sutter - Burrows

Chaput - Gaunce - Megna/Skille

Putting  Bo on 1st line so he can play against the other teams top D pairing and there checking line isn't a smart move. Him and Baertschi aren't enough to go head to head like that, they will get shut down. JB needs to bring in a top 6 winger to help Bo just to stand a chance. Let the twins face the top D/checkers for now and Bo's line match up and take advantage of the lower pairs IMO. WD hasn't tried Erickson with Bo all year, I'd like to them get a shot together at least once this year, I mean he's tried Louie with every other combo why not Bo?!?! He's the 6 million dollar big acquisition and have to get him going if this team wants to succeed in the future. WD drives me crazy I have never seen a head coach reluctant to try new things.... just keeps doing the same stuff over and over...

2 hours ago, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

Its nice that we are past that whole "Horvat at best is a 2 way 2nd line center". 

Juolevi could be a franchise player for us but damn we really could use tkachuck. To me thats exactly the kind of fire i wish we could slot beside a horvat. 

There may be some similar players available in the range the Canucks are drafting. One example is Tippet, I've seen him play in person a few times and I think he is of a similar mold, maybe a tad less physical and douchy but otherwise he is a guy that does well going to the net. 

Archived