The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Extra 5%

EdgarM

50 minutes ago, CanuckFan1981 said:

Bure was awesome, my favorite player all time and he was the most talented player to ever play for the Canucks.  Bure was not however, a Captain, nor was he Captain material either.  He was a talented scorer.  He left Vancity under unfortunate circumstances, which I don't blame him, but none the less he bolted and left us high and dry.  Hank has played his entire career here, has always been classy, has outscored any other player we ever had and led an era of 10 great seasons.  Pavel was involved in 1 playoff run, that's about it...  Hank has done way more for the Canucks, in addition to the stats he put up than my favorite player Pavel ever did.  Now, if it was 1 on 1, I would take Pavel for sure, but I think Hanks 10 years was more valuable to my enjoyment of the Canucks than the 6-7 Bure seasons, where he was great but nobody else around him was.

The main reason why I'd like to see the Sedins get traded to a contender for a chance at a Cup.

Apparently there was more than one team willing to take on both of them. Could you imagine what those 2 guys could provide depth-wise to an already contending team? You might as well give them the Cup ahead of time. 

Hank and Dank on a 2nd or even 3rd line on a contender? boom.

I think if they want to end their careers here they should seriously think about getting rented out to a contender, then coming back. Same with Burrows. How about Burr, AND both Sedins to the same contending team. If that doesn't put you over the top I don't know what does. They may not be elite anymore but on a 2nd/3rd line playing against far lesser quality opposition they would still kill it. 

And we'd end up with assets out the wazoo. win/win. 

Also, I'd like to add that those 2 guys winning a cup greatly increases their chances of getting into the hall of fame. They're already under appreciated because they've been out west the whole time, and great players don;t get in just because they've never won it all. Win one though, and it makes it almost impossible to ignore who they are and what they've done. 

Archived