The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks re-assign Brendan Gaunce

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, stawns said:

He created a lot of scoring chances that went completely unfinished, imo.  Very smart hockey player and has a good, versatile career ahead of him.  I've been on his bandwagon since day 1, and as disappointed as I am for him, personally, I get the numbers game and the fact that he doesn't have to clear waivers.  On the flip side, I am excited for him to play some big mins in an offensive role and for Utica to get some help.  His character and resolve are rock solid and he will take it as a chance to get better.

Skille and Chaput also created a tonne of chances that Gaunce failed to take advantage.  I think he also failed to be close.  A guy can be a complete package, but he needs results.  That said, Messier got like 1 goal as a rookie.  Anyway, this won't hurt Gaunce.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Lol, Pretty much.

We don't want him to lose his offensive game, but we're going to play him with a bunch of plugs in situations where it's going to be tough for him to produce...

Just say what you wanna say Willie, he didn't wanna lose Megna to waivers, even though it's almost guaranteed he would have cleared.

You're gonna complain that 67 games isn't a quality opportunity?  He doesn't have the speed or hands of Megna....but hey, if you can't see that, it all looks like a crap shoot.

Yeah, free Gaunce.  He got to play 67 games without producing.  That's such a rip-off.  Does every 4th liner get to complain about ice time, or are they supposed to make do?

2 hours ago, 250Integra said:

Gaunce's upside is 2nd line center at the very most (unlikely), but a 3rd line center at the very least. He's just on the 4th line right now because we have three centers ahead of him. He'll be a very serviceable center for us after another year or two of development. 

Brad Richardson is very good comparable.

Based on your gut?  You've seen enough zero-production effort to be certain that it's 3rd liner at minimum?  Hey, at least you've got nothing to go on.

Just now, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Your blind hate is so fun that it almost doesn't seem idiotic.

(Stuff.....hahaha)

blind hate? OK Captain Hyperbole. 

Just because i don't think Megna is more than a career AHLr doesn't mean I "hate" him. There is a middle ground here buddy. 

2 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Maybe, but he's three steps behind.  Is that good?  I guess it looks good when you're hoping we don't win many games.

The Canucks coaching staff did miracles with Tryamkin in just a few weeks, if Boucher is in game shape, why not try him? How is that "hate"?

44 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

kind of like when guys freak out over people just wanting to swap out depth players to see what we have in other prospects? :P

Megna is what he is. He's not worth keeping in vs. seeing if there's anything to be had with Boucher, especially this year, with the caveat that Boucher is in actual game shape. No one is saying Boucher is a star (well I'm not anyway) but it would be interesting to see if he has any kind of chemistry with Sutter or Chaput. 

You're an armchair observer with no skin in the game, and your evaluations are deeply lacking in objectivity.  Willy should definitely take his cues from you, since your just throwing stuff out there.  You mostly comment in half-jest, so forgive me for not taking you seriously.  I leave soon so that you can get your echo chamber going again. 

Just now, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

Your an armchair observer with no skin in the game, and your evaluations are deeply lacking in objectivity.  Willy should definitely take his cues from you, since your just throwing stuff out there.  You mostly comment in half-jest, so forgive me for not taking you seriously.  I leave soon so that you can get your echo chamber going again. 

Marc, is that you? 

28 minutes ago, austy said:

I thinks its unfair to say he has no intensity. He hits, makes a lot of plays. If skille could he would look half decent. 

Skille is great.  You're right, I shouldn't have said no intensity, but not nearly enough.  He should watch some tape of early Burrows and Hansen shifts.  That's how you break into the league.

40 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

The Canucks coaching staff did miracles with Tryamkin in just a few weeks, if Boucher is in game shape, why not try him? How is that "hate"?

You sure about that?  Weren't you saying that it was Willy's error that we didn't play Tryamkin soon enough?  I thought his success was in spite of the coaching staff.  I thought he could handle 38 minutes a night (as long as he doesn't have to play with a weak partner). 

Are you honestly suggesting that the coaching staff can improve Boucher's footspeed in a matter of weeks, or is this another half-serious comment that allows you to live on the fence?

Oh, and I'm so sorry for calling it hate when you slag a guy at every opportunity.  (Btw - isn't Vey just absolute trash?  Even guys like us can see that)

40 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

They did try him.  You said that wasn't good enough.  Also, the answer to your rhetorical question is that they are trying to win, which you don't care about.  Haha, he probably has a crush on Megna right?

1 hour ago, terrible.dee said:

Don't screw this up buitterballIs he going to use a Mobility scooter on the ice? I mean, that' how people who are/.....over large get around right?

Works for cookie monster Kessel doesn't it?

7 hours ago, mll said:

It's also Larsen out.

Willie is slotting guys in as they come back from injury in the order of how he has them ranked.

When Larsen came back, Biega came out.  Larsen is ahead of Biega.  Debatable but that's where he has him.

Hutton is coming back, Larsen comes out.  Obviously, Tryamkin has earned a spot higher than Larsen.  This is good.

6. Gudbranson?

7.  Tryamkin

8. Larsen

9. Biega

1 hour ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

You're quite a few years too late.

For good reason.

Actually, after 2 years, I still have yet to be convinced of that as it relates to him vs. Gaunce. But, I get it. Gaunce is young, whereas Archibald is considered a career minor leaguer at this point. Let's see how Gaunce responds then...

But, as I said, I've still yet to be convinced. 

Archived