The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vince Li, Greyhound Attacker Who Beheaded Passenger,May Ask For Full Freedom

prix57

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

We don't have capital punishment. 

I don't want to risk the safety of others just to save a few bucks.

Maybe you should let the professionals make the decision.....    Don't think you are qualified to determine that.

Luckily we have a system in place to  let professionals determine  risk assessment....

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Maybe you should let the professionals make the decision.....    Don't think you are qualified to determine that.

Luckily we have a system in place to  let professionals determine  risk assessment....

Should I show you evidence when they were wrong? Do some research pal...

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Should I show you evidence when they were wrong? Do some research pal...

Wow, so you are more qualified than the health care professionals hired to assess him. 

Maybe you should contract out your services....  PAL    

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Shall I post the proof when "the professionals" are wrong?

Risk management is exactly that.....   it is not 100 % .  Professionals just make the best decision they can managing tax payers money and risk to reoffend.  

It is what it is. 

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Shall I post the proof when "the professionals" are wrong?

You don't seem to understand what constitutes proof, so I doubt you'd have an ability to understand the literature...

If you did, you'd understand that the effect sizes associated with violence prediction are similar to the effect of, for example, heart surgery on reducing angina pain or the effect of smaller classrooms on improving student outcomes.

Here is my source: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com.proxy.lib.sfu.ca/doi/10.1111/j.2044-8333.1998.tb00354.x/epdf

Where is yours? How about you stop actually threatening that you have the 'proof'. 

Also, if you actually cared about victims, you'd understand that incarceration typically increases, not decreases the likelihood of recidivism. The ideology you religiously ascribe to is responsible for further violence. Congratulations on being so scared to actually think about a problem that you cling to your ideology as a little safety blanket so that you do not need to actually do any reading, actually work to understand what is going on.

The death penalty, literally the toughest, most punitive sentence you could hand out, did absolutely nothing to decrease violence.

Gilman, A. B., Hill, K. G., & Hawkins, J. D. (2015). When is a youth’s debt to society paid? Examining the long-term consequences of juvenile incarceration for adult functioning. Journal of Developmental and Life Course Criminology, 1, 33-47

Sorensen, J., Wrinkle, R., Brewer, V., & Marquart, J. (1999). Capital punishment and deterrence: Examining the effect of executions on murder in Texas. Crime & Delinquency, 45(4), 481-493. )

12 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

You only care about victims when it is convenient to your argument.  I try to understand what works and what doesn't. You are an ideologue. You do not care about what the right answer is, you care about winning the argument. 

This post is ridiculous and shows how ridiculous you are.

32 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Risk management is exactly that.....   it is not 100 % .  Professionals just make the best decision they can managing tax payers money and risk to reoffend.  

It is what it is. 

So no more LOL and other stupid facts when faced with reality?

Archived