The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why are Canucks games so hard to watch ?

falcons

It's the style we play and the inconsistency of effort that makes games painful for me to watch. And the inexplicable lineup and coaching decisions. I mean, at least try something different other than a new linemate to try to get the Sedins going 5 on 5 and on the PP. It's time for a complete change in coaching focus and deployment.

i agree first off coach needs to be fired  hes playing a ahl plug on first line over  eriksson, sutter, burrows, horvat. That alone is grounds for being fired  what a mickey mouse coach  go back to minors you suck willie. Also if your pp hasnt worked since 2012 maybe change it competely. 

hansen, sutter, tanev, burrow, miller  should be traded for max value at deadline these players could get a bunch of pucks and decent prospects. If miller burrows wanna resign jully 1st on cheap deals do it but at least get a bunch of assets for these guys 

id build team around horvat, granlund, baertchi, edler, guddy, sbisa, stecher, hutton, tryamkin markstrom 

1 minute ago, canuktravella said:

i agree first off coach needs to be fired  hes playing a ahl plug on first line over  eriksson, sutter, burrows, horvat. That alone is grounds for being fired  what a mickey mouse coach  go back to minors you suck willie. Also if your pp hasnt worked since 2012 maybe change it competely. 

hansen, sutter, tanev, burrow, miller  should be traded for max value at deadline these players could get a bunch of pucks and decent prospects. If miller burrows wanna resign jully 1st on cheap deals do it but at least get a bunch of assets for these guys 

id build team around horvat, granlund, baertchi, edler, guddy, sbisa, stecher, hutton, tryamkin markstrom 

Freudian slip? Lol

the majority of our team fears engaging physically. They also lack speed to play an offensive game. The ownership and management places winning above all else. Therefore for we see the desire to squeeze out overtime points in an effort to create an illusion of competitiveness. 

It it is okay to admit our team is not the best team in the league at the moment. But then we should figure out how to get back there instead of pretending to be good and hoping to fool people into believing we are good. 

team needs a big change in like said above let most older players go cept for 3 4 most and then make a splash at the draft maybe move up and this year get fast players and best  scorers at the time

if we keep the twins then we need a first line center and Horvat stays on second line,maybe then the twins going against 3rd line players could score more and they are at the age they should be 2nd to 3rd line guys

We are slow. There is no pomp and circumstance about it, we're just slow. The powerplay isn't helping, and our coach is making very strange lineup choices. All this together, and this is what you get. 

11 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I think we actually have a fair bit of talent. It is not being utilized or developed properly in this system though.

There are some good players, I agree.  Maybe I mean depth.  There are plenty of fringe NHLers making regular appearances in the line up: Skille, Megna, Chaput, Biega, Larsen.

Development, I disagree.  They have done a nice job with Horvat, Baertschi, Granlund, Sbisa, Stecher, Tryamkin, and cudo's to Benning for sending Virtanen and Gaunce down when they needed to.  I think that Markstrom is doing well but not playing enough.  Hutton is going through a sophomore slump and has been injured.  Maybe our expectations were a bit overblown.  Many more just need some time.

It's the power play, because when a team works hard and gets a PP, they should get some momentum from it, and as a fan there should be a level of excitement associated with it. However, that is not the case this year, and kills any momentum that they had before drawing the penalty 

It's definitely the power play for me. Under no circumstances should us going on the PP make me groan and roll my eyes but it is what it is. 

Man, I miss 2011. When teams took a penalty against us then, we knew we were going to make them pay. Now it's a total momentum killer for us. 

For me there's just not that much to cheer or get excited/upset with. I miss rivalries and emotion on the games. It seems so sterile at this point. Was the last fight December 3? You don't necessarily need a fight to have an entertaining game, but it sure can make for a more electric atmosphere.

Archived