The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tampa - Van (proposal)

Ok, guys.......not very good at these, as you all know! But I try!

Tampa..........Palat, Garrison and Brett Howden

for

Van.............Granlund and Edler (1.5 million retained)

Here is how I see it........Tampa looses 3 million in cap relief (which they need), and gets the best player in Edler (2 years younger than Garrison).

Vancouver gets Palat, who is a slight up grade on Granlund, and Howden, (who looks to be a versatile center/LW who has good size), Vancouver trades or exposes Garrison to the entry draft, and protects Sbisa.

I would take the 2017 1st, but I don't think Tampa gives it up, Howden is a great consolation prize!  Too much or not enough?

Remember guys, I am trying!..........but I can take a little heat

OOPs!

Garrisons has another year, why would you tell him that you're giving him the boot? I just can't think of a reason you would tell him that........Palat is an up grade, and Howden is a gem..........don't fixate on Garrison, he is a throw away......take a look at Howden's and Palat's numbers.

On 2/6/2017 at 9:35 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Garrisons has another year, why would you tell him that you're giving him the boot? I just can't think of a reason you would tell him that........Palat is an up grade, and Howden is a gem..........don't fixate on Garrison, he is a throw away......take a look at Howden's and Palat's numbers.

Agreed, Garrison is there for cap purposes.  Palat is an upgrade and I'd gladly take him as a young piece to have as part of our next core.  Howden could be really good.  I'd try to push strongly for their first rounder but with all their struggles they may not risk it.  Overall I think it's a fair deal both ways.

On February 6, 2017 at 9:04 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Ok, guys.......not very good at these, as you all know! But I try!

Tampa..........Palat, Garrison and Brett Howden

for

Van.............Granlund and Edler (1.5 million retained)

Here is how I see it........Tampa looses 3 million in cap relief (which they need), and gets the best player in Edler (2 years younger than Garrison).

Vancouver gets Palat, who is a slight up grade on Granlund, and Howden, (who looks to be a versatile center/LW who has good size), Vancouver trades or exposes Garrison to the entry draft, and protects Sbisa.

I would take the 2017 1st, but I don't think Tampa gives it up, Howden is a great consolation prize!  Too much or not enough?

Remember guys, I am trying!..........but I can take a little heat

OOPs!

I think Granlund is a future first line LW. He will be an elite superstar and so will his brother. I say we keep him. When Sedins retire soon. Boesser, Virtanen, and Lockwood are looking solid for RW position. We need to keep Granlund and Beartchi and in my opinion draft another top 6 LW and C 

granlund horvat hansen 

beartchi sutter erikkson

16 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

I think Granlund is a future first line LW. He will be an elite superstar and so will his brother. I say we keep him. When Sedins retire soon. Boesser, Virtanen, and Lockwood are looking solid for RW position. We need to keep Granlund and Beartchi and in my opinion draft another top 6 LW and C 

granlund horvat hansen 

beartchi sutter erikkson

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but I sure don't see it that way.........if we keep him, I sure hope you are right!

Archived