The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bruins Relieve Claude Julien Of Coaching Duties

Mackcanuck

17 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

I know.  Is there an ugly person on earth?  When he gives the refs his "I don't think so" face I am overcome with homicidal hatred.  I think it's an evolutionary response - my cells know that his genetics should be wiped out - kind of a Cro-Magnon vs. Homo Sapiens thing.

But how do you really feel?

You have to think Jim's been in touch with him already just on a personal level. If Julien gets hired on by Jim as a "special assistant" CDC will explode and they'll have to wire in a mouth guard for Willie he'll be grinding his teeth so much. Heck, even if Jim asks for permission to speak to Julien it will feed Botchford for weeks

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

But how do you really feel?

You have to think Jim's been in touch with him already just on a personal level. If Julien gets hired on by Jim as a "special assistant" CDC will explode and they'll have to wire in a mouth guard for Willie he'll be grinding his teeth so much. Heck, even if Jim asks for permission to speak to Julien it will feed Botchford for weeks

You've got to assume that they've already thought about it, since this is hardly a surprise.  I'm not sure what to think, but I sure would hate looking at that mug.  He's probably a lot better coach, but there's more to the equation.

15 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

You've got to assume that they've already thought about it, since this is hardly a surprise.  I'm not sure what to think, but I sure would hate looking at that mug.  He's probably a lot better coach, but there's more to the equation.

No, you don't want to look at this all year?

main-qimg-2036aa374fd6ef0f07dfd28cd505450d-c.jpeg

With the Canucks having no true offensive power, a defensive coach like Julien would be a good fit for this team. 

The concern is that if a new GM is brought in, he may have an issue with a guy like Julien. 

I would gain a lot of lossed love for Francesoco if he could bring in Julien.

Personally, I would much rather see what we have in our back pocket with Travis Green.

Julien is an incredible coach, and there's good reason to believe he'll be a great coach in the future, but is he really the right guy for the Canucks who are in this period of transition? 

Travis Green could definitely do some good with the younger guys.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Didn't Messier Keenan bring us (in a round about way) the Twins, and our best era of hockey?

They did but I like to think we have recently relived a lesser version of that and are climbing out of the abyss rather than going back in.

Not even remotely a fan of his, but while I'm not surprised to see him given the axe his system was still working in spite of management. They've made some pretty stupid moves since beating us in the finals and the talent they've had has been gradually bled away. Management is what has sunk Boston not his coaching.

I don't want him here, but he won't be out of work long.

Archived