The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bruins Relieve Claude Julien Of Coaching Duties

Mackcanuck

Claude Julien's peers have spoken out against his termination from the Boston Bruins organization.

Mike Babcock: "If you can get him, you get him. He changes your franchise overnight. Someone out there is happy. The [Bruins] aren't getting anyone better.”

Lindy Ruff: "He's a great coach but even more he's a great person. I know players love playing for him."

Julien is the first coach in NHL history to be fired when his team leads the league in possession numbers.

Brad Marchand blames he and his teammates for Claude Julien's firing and thinks they are in a worse position moving forward.

"It's disappointing. It's frustrating in here, because this is avoidable if we would have done our jobs."

"It's not [going to better with Cassidy in charge], but hopefully it makes guys realize we need to wake up."

20 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And four horrible years of hockey before that. We don't have to tank THAT badly. 

It goes to show that a team needs it's tank years but it also needs someone who knows what to do with them,

Until Burke showed up and was given a mandate to rebuild and the budget to do it we were headed the way of Edmonton prior to this year,

But then enter Burke and one of the best use of assets I've ever seen from a  GM, we needed the tank picks to make it happen though.

I'm suddenly aware of how our recent drafting seems a little too pre Burke for my tastes:. Brian Allen, Josh Holen, Brad Ferrence was the sum total of our mid-90's tank before Burke came in and pulled the twins out of his ass. Joulevi, Virtannen = Holden and Allen? (I liked Ference who was traded for spearing Messier in a pre-season scrimmage)

6 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Claude Julien's peers have spoken out against his termination from the Boston Bruins organization.

Mike Babcock: "If you can get him, you get him. He changes your franchise overnight. Someone out there is happy. The [Bruins] aren't getting anyone better.”

Lindy Ruff: "He's a great coach but even more he's a great person. I know players love playing for him."

Julien is the first coach in NHL history to be fired when his team leads the league in possession numbers.

This is the thing.....Boston's owner is f$%king insane, Jacobs will burn down his house to get rid of a fly, he honestly could give 2 s^$%ts because he does not rely on the Bruins for money, they are a plaything , so he can do stuff like the Thornton Trade, Crucify Adam Oates while he was still on the team, give Shelton Kennady the boot after he went public with the Charges, Throw Seguin and Hamilton out like cat litter and now this. You can bet there was some personal offense to ownership that we will never hear about. If you look at the Bruins history you will see a steady pattern of "WTF" moments, that is what happens when JJ decides he doesn't like someone

On 2017-02-08 at 5:37 AM, terrible.dee said:

This is the thing.....Boston's owner is f$%king insane, Jacobs will burn down his house to get rid of a fly, he honestly could give 2 s^$%ts because he does not rely on the Bruins for money, they are a plaything , so he can do stuff like the Thornton Trade, Crucify Adam Oates while he was still on the team, give Shelton Kennady the boot after he went public with the Charges, Throw Seguin and Hamilton out like cat litter and now this. You can bet there was some personal offense to ownership that we will never hear about. If you look at the Bruins history you will see a steady pattern of "WTF" moments, that is what happens when JJ decides he doesn't like someone

So it's all the owner's fault, not the GM's? Let me think, where have I heard that before.......

Archived