The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Claude Julien next Canuck head coach?

Should the Canucks hire Julien as their next head coach if they fail to make the playoffs?  Julien's an experienced winning coach in the NHL.  He's respected around the league as a great motivator and tactician.  He's the winningest coach in Bruin history.  He's won a Stanley Cup and has a gold medal at the international level.  And of course he's got that connection with Jim Benning.

I think its a good idea.  Ray Ferraro said a few weeks back that he is one of the top 5 coaches in the NHL and won't stay out of work a long time. As much as he makes me think about 2011 we did bring in Mike Keenan, so its been done before.

If Claude Julian would be interested I think the Canucks should give him a hard long look.  

I do think he is genuinely a really good coach, and would probably make us better. I don't think he ends up here though. He will get a few offers, and I can't see him choosing us at the moment. 

Plus, I am still irrationally biased against him because Bruins. Let me keep my petty hate. 

Why the hell would we do that?

Gallant/Green 

Gallant knows Gudbranson and he knows offensive D structure.  He is also capable of not only developing youth but committing to them too

Green knows our structure our prospects our plans.

Why the hell would we get Julien....

35 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Why the hell would we do that?

Gallant/Green 

Gallant knows Gudbranson and he knows offensive D structure.  He is also capable of not only developing youth but committing to them too

Green knows our structure our prospects our plans.

Why the hell would we get Julien....

Why Julien? Don't you know we are only a coach with a bigger stick away from being a contender? Gallant/Green makes to much sense and therefore has to be thrown out. Consider yourself lucky for not being banned!

Tough choices promote a coach from within who has shown success at developing young players but no coaching experience at the NHL level.  Many a promising NHL rookie coach has crashed and burned.  Or go with an old war horse who has had success at the NHL level.  As stated he might not even want to join this organization he'll get other offers.  Money could be a big incentive if Aquilini wants to pony up.  Me I'd take a run at him and offer Green an assistant position at the same time.  Face it Willie just ain't getting it done.

1 hour ago, yes we can nucks said:

Should the Canucks hire Julien as their next head coach if they fail to make the playoffs?  Julien's an experienced winning coach in the NHL.  He's respected around the league as a great motivator and tactician.  He's the winningest coach in Bruin history.  He's won a Stanley Cup and has a gold medal at the international level.  And of course he's got that connection with Jim Benning.

Great idea.  We are kind of in the same spot the Bruins were, when they hired Julien.  We have several talented you prospects coming up, and they deserve a quality coach.

Archived