The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Claude Julien next Canuck head coach?

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

And then got his arse handed to him by a skilled Hawks team 2 seasons later.  We're fine where we are.  A coaching change does nothing for us now except possibly drive us in to the bubble.  It does little for us next year either.

Staying the course is not a bad thing at this point in time

I don't mind keeping Desjardan but I really love What Julian could do for us. I think he'll treat boeser like pastrnak horvat like Bergeron and virtanen like lucic Tryamkin like chara. I think the team benning was trying to build was like the 2011 Bruins and I wouldn't mind that because we'd be the younger version. I'm excited either way but I still would rather have Julian because we need to have something new to get fans in the arena.

1 minute ago, Frail Granny said:

Until the Sedin's are retired, the rebuild hasn't even started. A team that signs free agents for 6Mx6, and tried to sign Lucic for another 6Mx6, is not committed to a rebuild.

Are-you-sure---meme-32356.jpg

Roster turnover and youth says otherwise. You may, by all means, disagree with HOW they're rebuilding but denying they're rebuilding is just...

head-in-sand.png

Just now, Frail Granny said:

Until the Sedin's are retired, the rebuild hasn't even started. A team that signs free agents for 6Mx6, and tried to sign Lucic for another 6Mx6, is not committed to a rebuild.

And trades away 12 picks in two years.  Don't forget that.  Oh, and doesn't trade any aging vets for picks at two TDLs.  Don't forget that too.  And has a president publicly state, "it would not be fair to the Twins" to rebuild.  Don't forget that.  Any more evidence we are not rebuilding?  We are simply turning over our roster via the "retool".  

Can't believe im saying this but I actually wouldn't mind if Julien were brought in. He's obviously qualified and if he has chemistry with JB it makes sense.

That said, Willy is doing fine in my opinion... for all the second guessing done, coaching is the least of our concerns. Still a ways to go rebuilding the roster.

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

If he's available and we REALLY slide these next 2+ weeks (i'd be mroe shocked if we didn't) I could see it.  But there's little to no point in trying to salvage a season right now with a coaching change IMO

Nah, it wouldn't be for that, that could only happen if some kind of crazy trade happened like Hutton and Virtanen for Duchene. 

Its funny, my desire for the Canucks to be successful is having a war with my hate for Boston. 

9 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

I say no, we keep Willie. He is doing a good job and most of those whining for a change are bandwaggoners and media stooges who haven't a clue.  - imo

Well now, that sounds like a challenge. 

Have players developed under him? Yes

Have we had playoff success? No

Have we had regular season success? 1/3

Is Willie capable of out-coaching opponents during games? No

Has Willie made some very questionable line decisions? Yes 

Not sure that qualifies him to coach a team over Julien. Not saying Julien is the right fit for us, but he certainly has a better resume. 

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I might not phrase things the same way ;) but pretty much share the sentiment.

He's a very good coach. I'd say top-10 anyway (not sure I'd agree with Ferraro about top-5 though). But very good regardless.

But as far as off the ice stuff goes, I really don't like the guy. And that goes back to before 2011. Post-2011, I'd say I pretty much hate him. Just his press statements and general dimeanor rubs me the wrong way.

Can't imagine having to see his face on the bench and listen to him during the pressers every game.

He'd have to be extremely successful here, and pretty much immediately, or his act would wear thin really quick for me.

I'll second that...

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And trades away 12 picks in two years.  Don't forget that.  Oh, and doesn't trade any aging vets for picks at two TDLs.  Don't forget that too.  And has a president publicly state, "it would not be fair to the Twins" to rebuild.  Don't forget that.  Any more evidence we are not rebuilding?  We are simply turning over our roster via the "retool".  

We acquired 11 picks in that same time if I'm not mistaken of higher value than the 12 we traded.  Next you will be telling us about 4th line Horvat. 

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ffs stop going on about the picks traded away without adding that we acquired 8 picks back and the players acquired were 25 and under...

Your broken record whining is stupid and tiresome 

58 minutes ago, orcasgonewild said:

I don't mind keeping Desjardan but I really love What Julian could do for us. I think he'll treat boeser like pastrnak horvat like Bergeron and virtanen like lucic Tryamkin like chara. I think the team benning was trying to build was like the 2011 Bruins and I wouldn't mind that because we'd be the younger version. I'm excited either way but I still would rather have Julian because we need to have something new to get fans in the arena.

You think the only coach to play a more boring style of hockey would bring fans in?

Archived