The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Claude Julien next Canuck head coach?

1 hour ago, CanadianRugby said:

The only people I've seen call it a rebuild are Benning apologists on CDC.

Canucks Management: "rebuild would be unfair to the Sedins."

Bob Mackenzie when asked about Canucks rebuild: "What rebuild?"

Here's a novel thought. Go back 3 years and look at the Canucks stats. Count the number of players there who are no longer on the Canucks roster. You need to be told that it's a rebuild? Do you still need to have your Mommy cut up your food and put it in your mouth for you too?

Just now, King Heffy said:

The team hasn't played half bad when Larsen was hurt.  Bringing in a coach who didn't insist on dressing defensemen who can't play defense could easily make the current group a bubble team.

Meh.

We haven't remained healthy enough regardless of coach to realistically compete for playoff spot IMO. If Hansen, Dorsett, Edler, Tanev, Gudbranson and Hutton hadn't all been out for decent to long-ass stretches, I could maybe agree that a better coach might make a meaningful difference to this season.

All I'm hoping for is that they stay close enough for a while yet that the boys have something to play for and that they continue to  play hard the majority of the time and the kids continue to improve.

Would be a bit ironic but I don't think he'd be a good fit. He's always been in the tough mindset, big strong goony type players. Don't think he'd mesh well with Linden (maybe Benning).

Hitchcock would really be perfect for the Canucks if he wanted a project/not retire. Drop WD to assistant coach. Pretty good squad behind the bench right there.

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Here's a novel thought. Go back 3 years and look at the Canucks stats. Count the number of players there who are no longer on the Canucks roster. You need to be told that it's a rebuild? Do you still need to have your Mommy cut up your food and put it in your mouth for you too?

My mom doesn't need to, I'll let yours do it though ^_^ 

So roster turnover equals a rebuild now?  I guess almost every team in the league is currently rebuilding?  Trading away draft picks for immediate success is the opposite of rebuilding.  Signing old free agents to expensive contracts for immediate success is the opposite of rebuilding.  Trying to make the playoffs and bleeding picks to do it is the opposite of rebuilding.  Drafting twice in the first 4 rounds isn't rebuilding, that's "going for it" as management has said.  When Linden comes out and tells you, plainly... "a rebuild would be unfair to the Sedins.." and you still call it a rebuild, you went full retard. 

1j6nhv.jpg.15fa9f4c6f63dae6fb07e8a94a142e7f.jpg

Seems like PITB found our thread.

http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/if-boston-is-still-vancouver-s-model-claude-julien-is-the-coach-1.9716012?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Claude Julien was fired as head coach of the Boston Bruins on Tuesday. That means Massachusetts bids farewell to the NHL’s longest tenured bench boss, as well as one of its winningest. He sits today with 512 NHL wins, a Stanley Cup (and another trip to the Finals), and a stellar win percentage of .621.

And at just 56, his career won’t end there.

Green please. He has worked hard and developed our prospects the right way. He has earned it to be next in line. He is a younger coach who all the players like. A calm presence behind the bench and a good communicator who can get heated when needed. Let the Flames take Julien. 

Archived