The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Anton Rodin out 6 months

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, J.R. said:

I highly doubt they move Hansen. Burr I'd say 50/50.

Montreal is all-in looking to load up.

There is a lot of buzz around Plekanac and him moving on. He plays with Shaw and Andrighetto on their 3rd line.

Shaw also plays C, so if they move Plekanac then Shaw could center Burrows and Adrighetto 

I don't have to mention Burr is a hometown kid for them and bringing another franky back to Quebec would be hugely popular.

Just now, J.R. said:

I highly doubt they move Hansen. Burr I'd say 50/50.

100% agree on Hansen I honestly think JB might sell high on Granlund though. Asset management I think we could probably get more than he is worth right now for him and solve our expansion problems at the same time. I like Granlund but I doubt he's on pace for 20 goals without 11mill playing alongside him.

Just now, darkpoet said:

Montreal is all-in looking to load up.

There is a lot of buzz around Plekanac and him moving on. He plays with Shaw and Andrighetto on their 3rd line.

Shaw also plays C, so if they move Plekanac then Shaw could center Burrows and Adrighetto 

I don't have to mention Burr is a hometown kid for them and bringing another franky back to Quebec would be hugely popular.

He still has to waive though. That's all I'm saying and why I'm 50/50. Well that and it has to actually worth our while to move him. A 4th isn't worth it IMO.

6 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Well it could be a blessing for him.

6 months = he has almost 2 months to get in shape for next year. More, if he ends up ahead of schedule. 

Who did the surgery on his knee the first time? I don't know, but this time around he's got top shelf doctors/care at his disposal so I'll assume if something wasn't done correctly, it will be this time. He just turned 26 so it's not like he's old and falling apart. 

If I were him I'd probably be relieved. Now he can just focus on healing and giving it another shot next year with (hopefully) a 100% rebuilt and healthy leg.

Or devastated because that's another year setback caused by his knee injury. 

I've noticed lots of people are trying to find a positive outlook on Rodin's injury. Similar to that "Rodin injury blessing in disguise topic :picard:. I think he's gotta think outside the box on how he can return to top physical shape without injuring himself. I'd suggest Lebron James' doctor.

10 minutes ago, J.R. said:

He still has to waive though. That's all I'm saying and why I'm 50/50. Well that and it has to actually worth our while to move him. A 4th isn't worth it IMO.

I was just thinking about it the other day while talking with some die hard Habs fans. They are trying to offload Plakanec. 

As far as what we could get, who knows. And as far as Burr waiving, I don't think he'd be against going home, so to speak. But we'll see.

I was hoping Benning could do some Burke-esque wheeling and dealing at the draft to get a 2nd first rounder because I really wanted Sergachev. He's back in junior this year but putting up a PPG in Windsor. 

Paul Byron is a midget on their right side 2nd line. Hansen sure would be an upgrade for them there. (just saying)

Say they dump Plekanec's contract. We give them Burr, Hansen, and ? for Sergachev. (would be nice to have another Russian speaking player on the team for obvious reasons) 

Dreaming probably but anythings possible.

3 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

I was just thinking about it the other day while talking with some die hard Habs fans. They are trying to offload Plakanec. 

As far as what we could get, who knows. And as far as Burr waiving, I don't think he'd be against going home, so to speak. But we'll see.

I was hoping Benning could do some Burke-esque wheeling and dealing at the draft to get a 2nd first rounder because I really wanted Sergachev. He's back in junior this year but putting up a PPG in Windsor. 

Paul Byron is a midget on their right side 2nd line. Hansen sure would be an upgrade for them there. (just saying)

Say they dump Plekanec's contract. We give them Burr, Hansen, and ? for Sergachev. (would be nice to have another Russian speaking player on the team for obvious reasons) 

Send them the dream Frenchy-package:

Hansen, Burr, Chaput & Brisebois(3 Quebecers & the Ultimate Badger)

The return includes Plek, Juulsen & (+..pick?)

19 minutes ago, J.R. said:

If all we can get is a 4th then thats what it comes to. A 4th is totally worth it I'd hope for more of course but the reality is he's UFA he can go anywhere he wants next year if he wants to sign with us on the cheep super if not then we probably don't have room for him at least we didn't loose him for nothing a la Hamhuis. Getting something for him is better than nothing. So we loose out on Burr for 30 games drop a few spots in the standings pick higher and gain a pick we didn't have in the process. How many seasons do you think Burr realistically has left in the NHL? Gotta start looking to the future. For the record Burr and Hansen are my favourite Canucks and have been for nearly a decade. Look where both Burr and Hansen were picked or not picked for that matter that 4th could turn into my next favourite Canuck. Right now Tryamkin in the 3rd round after going un drafted is looking pretty sweet Gaudette too. Get JB some more lotto tickets.  

12 minutes ago, Green⌃Arrow said:

Or devastated because that's another year setback caused by his knee injury. 

I've noticed lots of people are trying to find a positive outlook on Rodin's injury. Similar to that "Rodin injury blessing in disguise topic :picard:. I think he's gotta think outside the box on how he can return to top physical shape without injuring himself. I'd suggest Lebron James' doctor.

It certainly looks like he was in very good hands:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/star-canadian-sports-surgeon-leaving-for-us-in-frustration/article25285768/

Orthopedic surgeon Anthony Miniaci, head of Toronto Western Hospital's sports-injury program, has lectured around the world and developed new techniques for shoulder and knee operations.

Dr. Miniaci says a patient waiting list more than two years long....

Hate to be that guy but his career is over. It's going to be extremely hard for him to get back to the level he was at before he got injured. We seem to have a history of ruining careers by self inflicted injury mismanaging    

20 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Byron has been outstanding this year.  Size complex.  Just sayin.

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

Hate to be that guy but his career is over. It's going to be extremely hard for him to get back to the level he was at before he got injured. We seem to have a history of ruining careers by self inflicted injury mismanaging    

It does kind of seem like management was determined to have him back by training camp whether he was ready or not. Then he ended up re-injuring it against Calgary.

Seems like he wasn't quite ready to come back, and now he has a 6 month setback because of it.

Just now, DeNiro said:

It does kind of seem like management was determined to have him back by training camp whether he was ready or not. Then he ended up re-injuring it against Calgary.

Seems like he wasn't quite ready to come back, and now he has a 6 month setback because of it.

Absolutely. It boggles my mind that this still happens in this day and age. This guy rose from the ashes, against all odds. We showed our gratitude by lighting  him on fire and burning  him to the ground again the moment he got got off the plane. 

Archived