The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Anton Rodin out 6 months

-Vintage Canuck-

If there is a positive to be found, perhaps he comes back just as strong - and the team didn't wind up having to expose him in expansion.

Somehow I suspect he's going to want to come back and show what he can do in this league.

We're looking to the future regardless; maybe later aint so bad.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

If there is a positive to be found, perhaps he comes back just as strong - and the team didn't wind up having to expose him in expansion.

Somehow I suspect he's going to want to come back and show what he can do in this league.

It was small risk bringing in Rodin. Didn't work out.  Nothing lost.

Heh, try it again next year. Nothing to lose. 

Feel horrible for Rodin, I was excited to see him finally get his shot here and it just never materialized. After preseason it looked like he was ready to be a real offensive contributor but that injury just won't leave him alone. Hopefully he can make the team next year and be with us from day one instead of trying to come back midway through the season and play catch up.

50 minutes ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

First they pick up an unproven soft euro, then they sit him, then they drive him to ruin.....which was the greatest crime?

I think you quoted the wrong guy. I have never said a bad word about Rodin. We can pretend I did if venting makes you feel better. I don't really care. 

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

He is done man, it's unfortunate but I don't see how you can go 2 years without hitting your full stride and expect to make the NHL. He isn't back for another 6 months man. What is that August?I just can't see it happening. He will be going back to Sweden. Book it. 

6 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Hopefully he signs a two way contract with the Canucks. Allows him to play in Utica to get his feet back under him until he's ready to try the big show again.

Lol

two way is two different pay structures. Does nothing and means nothing about waiver eligibility. 

16 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Absolutely. It boggles my mind that this still happens in this day and age. This guy rose from the ashes, against all odds. We showed our gratitude by lighting  him on fire and burning  him to the ground again the moment he got got off the plane. 

Total rubbish. The only people who wanted him rushed was CDC - A load of ------g hypocrites.

Even when it was obvious to one and all who had eyes to look with that Rodin injured himself in the first Calgary game there were screaming hordes on here who ignored the NHL rule, which made it a necessity to have him dressed and blamed WD for not playing him. 

It was obvious he came over fit, he performed well in the pre-season and picked up a niggle. Nobody pressured him into coming back in the Calgary game (though I suspect the coach was unconvinced by his fitness) other than himself.

Once more our fans, led by the nose by the media try to heap all the blame for this on the Club.

21 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It does kind of seem like management was determined to have him back by training camp whether he was ready or not. Then he ended up re-injuring it against Calgary.

Seems like he wasn't quite ready to come back, and now he has a 6 month setback because of it.

21 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Absolutely. It boggles my mind that this still happens in this day and age. This guy rose from the ashes, against all odds. We showed our gratitude by lighting  him on fire and burning  him to the ground again the moment he got got off the plane. 

Hahaha. When Rodin was sat on the bench in Calgary, people here, on CDC, were ripping on WD. Now that people found out his injury, people are ripping out on "mis-managment".

Thanks for the laugh today :lol:

59 minutes ago, soshified said:

Hahaha. When Rodin was sat on the bench in Calgary, people here, on CDC, were ripping on WD. Now that people found out his injury, people are ripping out on "mis-managment".

Thanks for the laugh today :lol:

Why would you think he needs a second surgery? After training camp (that he rushed himself into) he had to leave with a "setback" I can draw a picture for you if you'd like. 

Archived