The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Predators

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

Oh god , are u guys back on the blame willie train? Bwahahaha. 

Scotty bowman couldnt make this team a cup conteder. We are in transition. Give it a rest. 

no one is asking willie to make this team a cup contender and no one is denying we're in transition

Just now, LaBamba said:

Why can't he keep his mouth closed? Every time I look at him his mouth is wide open. I wouldn't be suprised to see a barn swallow fly out of his mouth one of these days. 

You mean like this:

Image result for loui eriksson memes

Image result for loui eriksson memes

2 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

I've never seen a team try so hard to give the game away then in the last 2 minutes of play this game. Maybe that 9 game losing streak will be matched after all.

They might even do one better, since after this road trip CGY will be waiting at the Rog.

Just now, Pete M said:

Hansen with the Sedins and LE with Sutter and Granlund

If WD keeps the lines the same, then it will be a 9 game losing streak after the road trip.

Granlund was playing with the Sedins in the 3rd.

Eriksson was with Sutter and Megna.

Noticing some common Canucks 'themes'

-NHL DOPS will rule the hit on Baertschi as 'clean'

-Aging forwards look like they are older than Jagr, except instead of two of them, they now have three.

-Close but no cigar

-Nothing will be done about it. This team needs to dump anyone and everyone over the age of 30. NMC's be damned, this country club crap has to end.

-Expect Willie to remain behind the bench for the foreseeable future. Maybe TL will want to bring yet another Canuck alumnus on board with Capuano, but that would be a mistake.

2 minutes ago, nuck7635 said:

no one is asking willie to make this team a cup contender and no one is denying we're in transition

Its not willie. We have a great young back end and some good young forwsrds. We just dont have game breakers yet to replace our top line. Its not willie, its a lack of scorring talent. 

Cdc is manic depressnt. Up one second , willie has been great developing our young guys , and down the next , willie sucks amd needs to go. Its annoying 

9 minutes ago, J-23 said:

If Loui is a 6 million dollar goal scorer why can't he convert on scoring chances. Aren't goal scorers supposed to score goals on scoring chances, especially a 6 million per year goal scorer.

Yes I'm starting to think this guy is a soft his own worst enemy type and that's why he struggles so much.

That's what's wrong with this team in general a bunch of soft players being counted on too much.

Sedin

Sedin

Edler

Erikkson 

All soft as butter just like our record.

Unfortunately this team is getting exactly what it deserves and if you add in the idiot coach we have making all his mistakes.

It's reallly unfortunate good solid all around players like Horvat Sutter Stecher and some others are stuck with it too.

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Could someone please explain to me why Gallant, Hitchcock and Julien all got fired but Willie still has a job?

Gallant was fired as a result of a management $&!# storm in Florida, Hitch is over the hill and likely won't coach again, if he does he'll need to look like he gives a $&!# to keep his new job, Julien was played out in an underachieving Boston situation and as a former Cup winner (on a much stronger team than he had this year) was given years of rope.

Just now, mll said:

Granlund was playing with the Sedins in the 3rd.

Eriksson was with Sutter and Megna.

They were playing well together, point is, LE is not working with the Sedins and the Sutter line is not doing anything without LE

I'll keep this short. The Canucks played well for most of the game, against a very stacked Nashville defence they generated a lot of offence and played with a lot of heart and effort, right down to the wire. We shouldn't have had a chance against this team but took it right to the end.

1) THE GOOD - Not much. Bo was great again, Granlund's nice goal and looked fantastic with the Sedins, hopefully that sticks and he gets more of a chance to get his wrist shot off. Edler had a strong night despite the gaff at the end of the game, great goal and solid defensively. Tryamkin and Sbisa had a good night too. Lovely rush by the 2nd unit PP. Hansen was brilliant.

2) THE BAD - Sedins were brutal defensively on that 1st goal, that's 100% on Henrik. Second goal against was bad back-checking by the forwards again. Third goal against was unlucky but a mishap by Markstrom, all on him there. Compounded mistakes lead to 3 goals against. Eriksson was just down-right unlucky tonight. 1st unit PP still a laughing stock and more than anything else, is good for weakening the opposing goalies and PK until Bo Horvat gets onto the ice.

3) THE UGLY - Baertschi being concussed, considering it was Cody McCleod it could have been intentional too, he just hid it well. The reffing on that Sbisa penalty that lead to the GWG was a brutal call of course but our PK should  be able to kill off a penalty.

NEXT GAME:

1) We need to keep the Sedins and Granlund together, give them a whole game's worth of play.

2) Bo is our best player by a long shot. He needs to be on the 1st unit PP along with a shooter. Sedins + Horvat + Hansen/Sutter + Stecher

3) Recognize who our heart-and-soul players are and have them on the ice in clutch moments. That's Sutter, Hansen, Horvat and Stecher. The Sedins are IMO 2nd-3rd line players right now.

4) Back to Miller for the next game

5) Boucher on the 4th line

1 minute ago, The Big Luongo said:

Yes I'm starting to think this guy is a soft his own worst enemy type and that's why he struggles so much.

That's what's wrong with this team in general a bunch of soft players being counted on too much.

Sedin

Sedin

Edler

Erikkson 

All soft as butter just like our record.

Yep, this was clear after 2011, when the Bruins just pounded them into submission.

Need some grit up front, I bet if Linden could do it over again he would have drafted Tkachuk instead of Juolevi.

3 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Its not willie. We have a great young back end and some good young forwsrds. We just dont have game breakers yet to replace our top line. Its not willie, its a lack of scorring talent. 

Cdc is manic depressnt. Up one second , willie has been great developing our young guys , and down the next , willie sucks amd needs to go. Its annoying 

I agree we have a good young core on the backend and a decent group of forwards and I completely agree on the gamebreaker thing. That said though, Willie make terrible decisions at the wrong time and it always involves over-utilizing fringe players like Vey and Megna.

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Love that people are complaining about the refs again. The Canucks no goal was a good call, as was the Preds no goal reversal.

Goal.png

You act like we got to see that view from jump...you are wrong. We saw what everyone at the arena saw...it wasnt til later it was revealed.  Get ur head out ur butt.

Archived