The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Predators

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

Noticing some common Canucks 'themes'

-NHL DOPS will rule the hit on Baertschi as 'clean'

-Aging forwards look like they are older than Jagr, except instead of two of them, they now have three.

-Close but no cigar

-Nothing will be done about it. This team needs to dump anyone and everyone over the age of 30. NMC's be damned, this country club crap has to end.

-Expect Willie to remain behind the bench for the foreseeable future. Maybe TL will want to bring yet another Canuck alumnus on board with Capuano, but that would be a mistake.

Nobody sees any future with Willie behind the bench. Let's fire him now.

3 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Its not willie. We have a great young back end and some good young forwsrds. We just dont have game breakers yet to replace our top line. Its not willie, its a lack of scorring talent. 

Cdc is manic depressnt. Up one second , willie has been great developing our young guys , and down the next , willie sucks amd needs to go. Its annoying 

I'm a WD hater the whole way. I don't think he's been great developing players I'd throw that to his assistant coaches.. he should be fired he is an extremely incompetent coach with a not so good team that he does nothing to push and get more out of them, the last 10 Mins they push like hell but nothing much more for the previous 50 min late.  Sit back and wait mind-set 

1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

You act like we got to aee that view from jump...you are wrong. We saw what everyone at the arena saw...it wasnt til later it was revealed.  Get ur head out ur butt.

What's your point? The refs have been one of the go-to scapegoats for years around these parts. Go back to school son.

Another perfect game for then Canucks.

Kept it close for us fans. Lost at the very end.  Zero points puts us where we need to be in the draft.

I am having a beer and celebrating tonights game.  Best case game for us again.  Great coaching Willie. 

8 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Its not willie. We have a great young back end and some good young forwsrds. We just dont have game breakers yet to replace our top line. Its not willie, its a lack of scorring talent. 

Cdc is manic depressnt. Up one second , willie has been great developing our young guys , and down the next , willie sucks amd needs to go. Its annoying 

I've been on the fire Willie train for most of this season. I had enough of his shenanigans the last two seasons

5 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Love that people are complaining about the refs again. The Canucks no goal was a good call, as was the Preds no goal reversal.

Goal.png

I definitely agree that's a goal, bad play by Markstrom to boggle the puck. The real complaint is the penalty in the first place, shouldn't have been interference against Sbisa, it was a good hit, the puck was pretty much in his feet when he started the hit and barely by him when he finished the hit. Not an interference call 80% of the time.

Why do the Canucks always seem to end up with the crappier brother?

Pronger

Fedorov

Kariya

Granlund

I see now why Burkie was so set on making sure he got both Sedins, because if they were drafted separately, whoever would have ended up here probably would have become a bust.

4 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

Yep, this was clear after 2011, when the Bruins just pounded them into submission.

Need some grit up front, I bet if Linden could do it over again he would have drafted Tkachuk instead of Juolevi.

Yep that playoff was my breaking point with the Sedins and Edler and even Luongo.

I pretty much knew then we'd be screwed if these are the guys we had to count on.

Besides that now you put a idiot coach in charge, Erikasson failing and too many injuries this is why we're where we're at.

21 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Completely unnecessary hit to the head,  principle point of contact, blindside,  the puck is no where near Baertschi , and concussed. Should be an easy one but then again DOS won't do f#$k all!!

What's the blindside headshot count with no punishment? 4? Hansen x2, Baer, Larsen...

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'll keep this short. The Canucks played well for most of the game, against a very stacked Nashville defence they generated a lot of offence and played with a lot of heart and effort, right down to the wire. We shouldn't have had a chance against this team but took it right to the end.

1) THE GOOD - Not much. Bo was great again, Granlund's nice goal and looked fantastic with the Sedins, hopefully that sticks and he gets more of a chance to get his wrist shot off. Edler had a strong night despite the gaff at the end of the game, great goal and solid defensively. Tryamkin and Sbisa had a good night too. Lovely rush by the 2nd unit PP. Hansen was brilliant.

2) THE BAD - Sedins were brutal defensively on that 1st goal, that's 100% on Henrik. Second goal against was bad back-checking by the forwards again. Third goal against was unlucky but a mishap by Markstrom, all on him there. Compounded mistakes lead to 3 goals against. Eriksson was just down-right unlucky tonight. 1st unit PP still a laughing stock and more than anything else, is good for weakening the opposing goalies and PK until Bo Horvat gets onto the ice.

3) THE UGLY - Baertschi being concussed, considering it was Cody McCleod it could have been intentional too, he just hid it well. The reffing on that Sbisa penalty that lead to the GWG was a brutal call of course but our PK should  be able to kill off a penalty.

NEXT GAME:

1) We need to keep the Sedins and Granlund together, give them a whole game's worth of play.

2) Bo is our best player by a long shot. He needs to be on the 1st unit PP along with a shooter. Sedins + Horvat + Hansen/Sutter + Stecher

3) Recognize who our heart-and-soul players are and have them on the ice in clutch moments. That's Sutter, Hansen, Horvat and Stecher. The Sedins are IMO 2nd-3rd line players right now.

4) Back to Miller for the next game

5) Boucher on the 4th line

Whats funny is i stayed at Cody McLeod s house in delta for a weekend with family friends when he was about 14. We stayed up playing nintendo all night and his brother Gavin( played for the kelowna rockets)  was the tough guy dick coming home drunk with a black eye at 2am.  Cody was a nerd. The last guy i thought would be an NHL tough guy. If anyone was guna be that , i thought his brother would. 

1 minute ago, Mustapha said:

Why do the Canucks always seem to end up with the crappier brother?

Pronger

Fedorov

Kariya

Granlund

I see now why Burkie was so set on making sure he got both Sedins, because if they were drafted separately, whoever would have ended up here probably would have become a bust.

To be fair, Markus Granlund is shaping up to be a decent goal scorer. I think he can consistently score 20+ in the not too distant future

Willie's starting to get to me.

I want to support him, but the decisions he's making... I just don't get it. Cutting back Tryamkin and Sbisa? Really...

I'm no expert, but shouldn't we be playing our young guys in pressure situations? I thought that's how they grow.

I get putting the vets out there, but they're not clutch at all. We came back what, twice this year? Like... if we're going to lose, why not put the kids out there? The Sedins haven't got it done this year.

And why is it that Eriksson can't get it done?? Vrbata couldn't get it done last year either. I don't think they're necessarily the issue, it's the way the Sedin's play now, their game is too predictable.

Split them up already. Let them be playmakers on seperate lines, PLEASE. I can't watch this anymore!!! lol.

2 minutes ago, VanGnome said:

I've been on the fire Willie train for most of this season. I had enough of his shenanigans the last two seasons

Agree,. It's been a lot of rinse / repeat... 

Players learn from their mistakes if allowed to..

But Coaches, like Willie, never assess their game until they move on.

Just now, StealthNuck said:

Our first line:

Daniel - 8 games no goals

Henrik - 6 games no goals

Eriksson - 9 games no goals

We've just been trying to fool the world into thinking they're our first line, as they're clearly not. Apparently, some teams are figuring this out as evidenced by Bo's match ups tonight.

13 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

Yes I'm starting to think this guy is a soft his own worst enemy type and that's why he struggles so much.

That's what's wrong with this team in general a bunch of soft players being counted on too much.

Sedin

Sedin

Edler

Erikkson 

All soft as butter just like our record.

Unfortunately this team is getting exactly what it deserves and if you add in the idiot coach we have making all his mistakes.

It's reallly unfortunate good solid all around players like Horvat Sutter Stecher and some others are stuck with it too.

After so many years, how are people still calling the Sedins "soft"... 

Archived