The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Predators

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

Whats funny is i stayed at Cody McLeod s house in delta for a weekend with family friends when he was about 14. We stayed up playing nintendo all night and his brother Gavin( played for the kelowna rockets)  was the tough guy dick coming home drunk with a black eye at 2am.  Cody was a nerd. The last guy i thought would be an NHL tough guy. If anyone was guna be that , i thought his brother would. 

It's actually common to see more intellectual people play the 'goon' role in the NHL. Guys like George Parros went to Princeton, and there are other goons and ex-goons with Ivy league education. John Scott is about as well read and well spoken as any hockey player I have seen.

4 minutes ago, VanGnome said:

To be fair, Markus Granlund is shaping up to be a decent goal scorer. I think he can consistently score 20+ in the not too distant future

That would comfort me if I didn't already know his brother is a point-per-game player.

Time to shake-up the lines assuming Baertschi is out for a few games. Give Horvat some top-6 talent and see if he and Hansen can jump-start Eriksson.

Daniel - Henrik - Granlund

Eriksson - Horvat - Hansen

Burrows - Sutter - Boucher

Megna - Chaput - Skille

How do people seriously think this team is going to make the playoffs? Let alone be able to compete on the miracle chance that we even do make it?

Aside from being a blind homer what makes you think this team is making the playoffs? Serious question.

Just now, Blömqvist said:

Time to shake-up the lines assuming Baertschi is out for a few games. Give Horvat some top-6 talent and see if he and Hansen can jump-start Eriksson.

Daniel - Henrik - Granlund

Eriksson - Horvat - Hansen

Burrows - Sutter - Boucher

Megna - Chaput - Skille

Like it.

Only move the Horvat line to the top and let Willie know..

2 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

That would comfort me if I didn't already know his brother is a point-per-game player.

Well, that's mostly because Minnie didn't pooch Mikael's development. It took 3.5 seasons for Mikael to become a PPG player. By comparison, to date Markus has only played effectively 1.8 seasons worth of actual hockey (by games played) and is on a 0.38 PPG pace, mostly playing with Sutter (no offense, he's good but not exactly a dynamo offensively) and either Eriksson or Megna, and occasionally Skille depending on which meds Willie took that morning.

I say give Markus another full season or two with good players and he'll be right there with his brother. 

6 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

That's not our first line dude. The Horvat line is our first line now.

Yeah. The reason why the Sedins are struggling is because they are really a second line, playing as a first line on this team.

I think Baer-Horvat line is our first line but is not acknowledged as so by our coach, Starting next season, they should be deployed as such along with a first line winger.

I think the Sedins as a second line will also fare a lot better.

Sedins with Granlund In the third looked not too bad. Perhaps we should try Baer-Horvat-Eriksson as our 1st line. Sedin-Sedin-Granlund as our 2nd line. Burr-Sutter-Hansen as our 3rd line and Megna-Chaput-Skille as our 4th line for the rest of the season... assuming Baer is not out long term with an injury.

42 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Completely unnecessary hit to the head,  principle point of contact, blindside,  the puck is no where near Baertschi , and concussed. Should be an easy one but then again DOS won't do f#$k all!!

DOS: Sven Baertschi has been suspended 10 games for embellishing an unexpected hit to the hit. 

8 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

Our first line:

Daniel - 8 games no goals

Henrik - 6 games no goals

Eriksson - 9 games no goals

Combined -35

I know almost every player goes through drought at one point or another, but -35 as a line is just mindless.

Whenever that 1st line is out, and the puck comes into our own zone, it's scoring chances after chances for the other team. Those guys are not wired for battling to get the puck back and almost always miss their checks.

In other words, they have to have the puck in the offensive zone to do any good, and when it dries up like now --  a total liability.

Archived