The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Predators

-Vintage Canuck-

22 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

Why do the Canucks always seem to end up with the crappier brother?

Pronger

Fedorov

Kariya

Granlund

I see now why Burkie was so set on making sure he got both Sedins, because if they were drafted separately, whoever would have ended up here probably would have become a bust.

Miller? Bure?

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Not near the puck -- check.

Blindside -- check.

Head as primary point of contact -- check.

Head targeted -- check.

Drove hit through head -- check.

Repeat offender -- check.

Looks clean, case dismissed.

What the &^@#.

Seriously, what in the ever loving &^@#? Why didn't Willie call a challenge on that piece of $&!#?

It's really quite sad,  

Sutter goes into the CDC dog house on PP1 with the Sedins, Megna gets thrown to the wolves with Sedins and stays way too long,  and Eriksson has been there twice this year.

Was hoping to see Granny with them next game, but after some reflection its honestly either Hansen or split them up. 

8 minutes ago, 1-d said:

I know almost every player goes through drought at one point or another, but -35 as a line is just mindless.

Whenever that 1st line is out, and the puck comes into our own zone, it's scoring chances after chances for the other team. Those guys are not wired for battling to get the puck back and almost always miss their checks.

In other words, they have to have the puck in the offensive zone to do any good, and when it dries up like now --  a total liability.

To make it worse, they're absolutely gifted ice-time, offensive zone starts and and PP time. The more you look into the more mind boggling it is that the coach makes 0 changes. 

That was terrible performance all around. We had so many chances but couldn't convert on any on them. Our PP continues to struggle and it's time that we mix it up. I'd put Horvat with one of the Sedins, Sutter, Eriksson and Stecher. I think that could provide a spark and get the PP going. Horvat always has some jump when he carries the puck into the zone and he will easily get shots off and create chances for his teammates. He had a solid game tonight. He was flying and set up Edler with a nice feed for him to roof it home. Edler himself had a up and down game. He allowed a goal off him into our own net. He was okay defensively but he needs to tighten that part of his game still. Stecher was okay. He tried to walk and get shots off and what's even better is his teammates passed to him while on the PP and he was passing it back to them so he has earned trust from his teammates and he earned it long ago. Marky was solid. He allowed a couple soft goals but other than that, he bounced back tremendously and kept the boys in it or else this game would've gotten out of hand. Hansen and Sutter alongside Stecher and Bo continue to play their hearts out and leave everything on the ice and work hard each and every shift, always creating chances and helping their teammates out when they get in scrums. Hope the boys bounce back Thursday vs the Jackets. Won't be easy but the Jackets have cooled off so there's a chance we could steal one. Looking forward for a much better performance this time around. GCG!

1 minute ago, VanGnome said:

What the &^@#.

Seriously, what in the ever loving &^@#? Why didn't Willie call a challenge on that piece of $&!#?

He didn't see the play on the ice.  

Even the officials didn't record a hit on the scoresheet - either they didn't think it was a hit or they weren't looking at it because it was so far from the puck.

14 minutes ago, Bo053 said:

How do people seriously think this team is going to make the playoffs? Let alone be able to compete on the miracle chance that we even do make it?

Aside from being a blind homer what makes you think this team is making the playoffs? Serious question.

Not me and none of the sane people I know. Not sure about CDC, but to me it's only the ownership and the management who refuse to take off the rosy playoff glasses.

Personally I wish this Eastern road trip finally "break" the team's season to wake them all up. I don't care too much about draft position and I don't give rat's ass if this team miraculously makes the playoffs this year.  

What I only care about is seeing this team on the right track to becoming respectable again, and the top brass doing the right things to get there.

7 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Not near the puck -- check.

Blindside -- check.

Head as primary point of contact -- check.

Head targeted -- check.

Drove hit through head -- check.

Repeat offender -- check.

Looks clean, case dismissed.

Dont forget he left his feet, bit off his ear and tried to skate on his head afterwards

Three far superior  coaches have been fired. 

At this point firing willie is redundant it should have been done during the 9game losing skid. 

it should be noted benning has done nothing to help his coach handing him lemons like vey and Larsen and reducing this team to not even a 1 line team. 

Six road wins -29 goal differential and a gm saying the playoffs are still a possibility ...why.......what a joke. Benning Laughing stock on the NHL. 

7 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

To make it worse, they're absolutely gifted ice-time, offensive zone starts and and PP time. The more you look into the more mind boggling it is that the coach makes 0 changes. 

... And we all thought AV was stubborn.

Archived