The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No suspension for McLeod

Podz92

Just now, Salmonberries said:

Yeah McLeod would have had to fight Gino. Sven still has a concussion either way though. 

The news would quickly travel that if you take cheap shots at our players, you will answer to Gino.  I roomed with a face puncher, and he would puke before some games, knowing he had to knuckle up against guys with reputations.  

And not one canuck did anything about. The league doesn't have to do anything because the Canucks don't. 

Whine to the media after the fact. This team is the softest in franchise history and whiniest. 

I don't care that the league did nothing I was more upset that nobody stepped up to stand up for a team mate. Worthless wonky willie has coached hitting and scoring out of this team. 

Benning willie experiment is About as successful as vey prust and Larsen.  

I wish we could stop whining about our team getting hit and actually have somebody on our team that could lay the boots to an opponent so some other fan base could do the whining. Some games it looks like our team skates around in marshmallow suits.

4 minutes ago, Toews said:

bae-hit

Maybe he did intend on running into Baer but there is no way to determine if he targeted the head as he doesn't seem to take even one glance at Baer. That's a routine interference that just went horribly wrong. Don't think there was even a chance of a suspension here.

Peripheral_vision.svg.png.3508d0dde7d70780506fbd9fe2369887.png

what is mcleod trying to do when he drops his shoulder down and opens his stance? 
because ive never seen anyway in the nhl try to take a corner or skate with their feet like that.
ive seen lots of players brace for a hit with that footing though.
it looks like a stride but he is pushing his foot in the wrong direction.
IMHO

5 minutes ago, bohoforpresident said:

what is mcleod trying to do when he drops his shoulder down and opens his stance? 
because ive never seen anyway in the nhl try to take a corner or skate with their feet like that.
IMHO

I do believe that he planned on interfering with Baer. I just think its impossible to determine if there was intent to hit the head there.

Intent is nothing more than an assumption in this case. There is no way the league could ever prove the difference between a vicious hit or a routine collision when the guilty party carefully averted his eyes and appeared to be watching the puck during the entire sequence.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Myth about enforcers - that they ran around exacting retribution for every cheap shot.

Fact of the matter is that enforcers fought enforcers while cheap shot artists stood behind them.

McLeod may be an exception - a guy that would answer his own bell - but the idea that enforcers were there to jump whoever threw a cheap shot is a myth.

Wonder how many players shat themselves when they saw John Ferguson jumping over the boards skating towards them after he got the green light?

18 minutes ago, bohoforpresident said:

IMHO

Nah he tried the Marchand "slew foot" approach and fk'd up.  So drop the shoulder why not?  If it wears an orca all the better...league don't care.

41 minutes ago, Toews said:

I do believe that he planned on interfering with Baer. I just think its impossible to determine if there was intent to hit the head there.

Plausible deniability is everything for the aspiring young predator today. It was a perfectly executed head shot.\

Stealthy and devastating.

50 minutes ago, bohoforpresident said:

IMHO

He's trying to kill him when he lowers his shoulder and braces for contact. The idea is to cause catastrophic head injury to an unsuspecting player.

It's an art and it's a science. And it's hockey!

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

If you dispute that I doubt you were of age during the enforcer era.

2011 in case you don't notice the date.

Duco was going after Getzlaf all night. This is being held accountable ON the ice.

Archived