The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Blue Jackets

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, khay said:

Oh yah. He was great with the Sedins tonight and in the 3rd period of the last game.

A very smart player with good hands.

I wonder how WD came up with this combo. Gotta give him credit for this one I guess. 

He came up with it by running out of players to put with the Sedins. 

14 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Hutton-Tryamkin worked. If we do end up having to move Sbisa because of Vegas, this might be worth keeping next season. 

Man, Torts must be pissed! :lol:

Hutton-Tryamkin worked? they played 3rd pair, against other team's bottom line, come on

Funny to listen as the Leafs get ripped for playing terrible defense - again, and again.  Getting lit up night after night, even with one of the best coaches in the world behind the bench.

Here I thought they'd already completed the rebuild, light years ahead of us.

Maybe building from the goal out isn't necessarily all that stupid.

40 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Granlund is one helluva smart, crafty player.

Love his nose for the open spaces, his puck hounding and forechecking, smart defensive positioning and the fact he's confident and doesn't hesitate to fire the puck when he has an opportunity.  He's gonna be a beauty.

He looked like he has been playing with the Sedins for 20 games.  And it lets Erickson and Sutton stay together.  They seem to be rock solid.  I still think  Hansen, who is still knocking rust off, will play with Sedins but Granny is here to stay and can play up and down the lineup.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Jenner and Saad are the Jacket's bottom line?  Crap hey have a deep team.

what r u talking about, you are saying they were Canucks top pair tonight?, they played 3rd pair mins, against other team bottom line most of the time and the fans got excited, great

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jenner and Saad are the Jacket's bottom line?  Crap hey have a deep team.

1 minute ago, sxqhfeh said:

what r u talking about, you are saying they were Canucks top pair tonight?, they played 3rd pair mins, against other team bottom line most of the time and the fans got excited, great

Huh?

Say what?

I wish they played that way every game. Every player seemed to have a good game, except Hansen had a few rough moments. He just needs a few more games.

Tryamkin is a gem. Swatting Jenner away like a fly changed the game IMO. After that, CBJ players took great notice in his presence and the Canucks played with confidence. I hope the Canucks lock Try up long term. He's a player other players will hate to play against. I think my next jersey may be a Tryamkin.

Megna's goal was sick, completely fooled Bobrovsky.

Miller was outstanding.

That was thorough domination, and Miller only had to shut them down for a portion of the second frame.  The rest of the night Columbus had nothing.  They tried to open it up but Canucks skated right with them.  

Boucher did alright and Skille and Chaput refuse to get sent down the way they play.  Maybe a more skilled player with them crashing and skating might result in the 4th line chipping in once in awhile.  

With Gaunce, Virtanen, Rodin in the wings, the team looks like it has some depth.  Baertschi comes back and Megna goes to 4th line and you add Boucher to depth too.  

On D we have Gudbranson, Biega, Pedan, Subban for depth.  Larsen needs to come to Utica and get it together under Travis and he can be depth for Stecher  or Hutton.  

From another thread that was deemed repetitive..

I've been a huge supporter of the Sedins thru the last several seasons.

I can't help but wonder how they can have games like tonite (vs Torts) when they are clearly focused and involved...yet look so completely disinterested and ineffective in most others.

Obviously, there is still some talent left in the tank...WHY DO WE NEVER SEE IT ON A CONSISTENT BASIS ???

Only when a game is deemed "important" to them ??

Tired of making excuses for them...for 7m each they owe us way more effort than they bring...

Great guys/great leaders...blah blah blah.

COME TO PLAY EVERY NITE OR RETIRE !!!

10 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Someone needs to make a compilation called "Tryamkin ain't got time for your s**t" that's just him swatting players to the ice. 

Tryamkin's got the potential to be a rock on defense. Sometimes his positional play is in need of some improvement, but that's all part of the learning curve, and I don't think we've seen his offensive ability to the full. He is apparently slowly starting to appreciate how his physical presence can intimidate opponents—during the skirmish at the end when he got the penalty one of the Jackets (I'm not sure who) took a look and quickly veered off to pick on somebody else. I would hate to see the Canucks become a bunch of goons, but they've been far too soft for too long. This is good to see.

Archived