The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal - Canucks Leafs

that is ok but me I'd rather trade

Tanev and Hansen plus a 4th

for

Corrado ( for expansion draft) and W. Nylander plus a 2nd or 3rd

they get help with a defensive d man plus a fast forward that has experience for the playoffs

we get young gun for the future and this trade will help both out evenly

On February 13, 2017 at 11:09 PM, cripplereh said:

that is ok but me I'd rather trade

Tanev and Hansen plus a 4th

for

Corrado ( for expansion draft) and W. Nylander plus a 2nd or 3rd

they get help with a defensive d man plus a fast forward that has experience for the playoffs

we get young gun for the future and this trade will help both out evenly

I would offer up the same two players Hansen and Tanev to Toronto (and whatever late round picks make it work)

But I would ask for Rychel and Kapanen (and maybe Corrado (RHD in case we lose Biega) plus a second. Toronto has three 2nd round picks and I think the middle one is going to Anaheim (maybe in the Andersen deal?) We might have to take one of their contracts that is expiring Milan Michalek for example and we might have to take Roman Polak to create a roster spot for Tanev (both expiring contracts) ... but I think the two teams could get around cap issues to make it work

I would ask for those two guys because they don't have to be protected in the expansion draft and I think our wing depth would be great. I think Kapanen is LW and Rychel RW. 

I don't want to trade either Tanev or Hansen but we simply need young building blocks and these two guys would add.

I think by the time we are contenders (even long shot contenders) both Hansen and Tanev will be of less value to our team, Hansen because of his age and Tanev because he plays so hard (which is why you love him) but may not end up being durable in the longer run.

So:

To TO

Tanev

Hansen

4th (?)

Suban (? sweetens the offer on a guy I am not sure the current regime is high on)

To Van

Kapanen

Rychel

Corrado 

best 2nd rounder 2017

Canucks give up a lot of reliable go to guys who help the leafs now

Leafs give up two heavy grade prospects. I think TO may not be willing to give up that much but I think the temptation of Tanev with Rielly and a top pairing that is under 10 million/year for the next while is tempting. They may get to keep Nylander that way.

Honeybadger gives them third line speed and scoring with Bozak.

Their D looks way better and more balanced. That first pairing probably eats 25+ minutes per game.

Rielly Tanev

Gardiner  Zaitsev

Hunwick (not sure Marincin/Marchenko?)

Nylander of course would be great but then we have to give up Granlund in expansion in order to protect Nylander and I think there is more to come from Granlund than he has yet shown. Maybe like his brother. Some have said he is our best pure shooter. Is that saying a lot, IDK... In other words I think Kapanen, Rychel and Granlund gives the Canucks way more than Nylander alone.

This also means we can protect Sbisa (some cheer, some cry) and probably only lose Gaunce or Biega to expansion. 

Anyway if I cold control JB and LL this is what I would do. I think it is good for both teams.

On 2/15/2017 at 9:27 AM, Calvin's Dog said:

I would offer up the same two players Hansen and Tanev to Toronto (and whatever late round picks make it work)

But I would ask for Rychel and Kapanen (and maybe Corrado (RHD in case we lose Biega) plus a second. Toronto has three 2nd round picks and I think the middle one is going to Anaheim (maybe in the Andersen deal?) We might have to take one of their contracts that is expiring Milan Michalek for example and we might have to take Roman Polak to create a roster spot for Tanev (both expiring contracts) ... but I think the two teams could get around cap issues to make it work

I would ask for those two guys because they don't have to be protected in the expansion draft and I think our wing depth would be great. I think Kapanen is LW and Rychel RW. 

I don't want to trade either Tanev or Hansen but we simply need young building blocks and these two guys would add.

I think by the time we are contenders (even long shot contenders) both Hansen and Tanev will be of less value to our team, Hansen because of his age and Tanev because he plays so hard (which is why you love him) but may not end up being durable in the longer run.

So:

To TO

Tanev

Hansen

4th (?)

Suban (? sweetens the offer on a guy I am not sure the current regime is high on)

To Van

Kapanen

Rychel

Corrado 

best 2nd rounder 2017

Canucks give up a lot of reliable go to guys who help the leafs now

Leafs give up two heavy grade prospects. I think TO may not be willing to give up that much but I think the temptation of Tanev with Rielly and a top pairing that is under 10 million/year for the next while is tempting. They may get to keep Nylander that way.

Honeybadger gives them third line speed and scoring with Bozak.

Their D looks way better and more balanced. That first pairing probably eats 25+ minutes per game.

Rielly Tanev

Gardiner  Zaitsev

Hunwick (not sure Marincin/Marchenko?)

Nylander of course would be great but then we have to give up Granlund in expansion in order to protect Nylander and I think there is more to come from Granlund than he has yet shown. Maybe like his brother. Some have said he is our best pure shooter. Is that saying a lot, IDK... In other words I think Kapanen, Rychel and Granlund gives the Canucks way more than Nylander alone.

This also means we can protect Sbisa (some cheer, some cry) and probably only lose Gaunce or Biega to expansion. 

Anyway if I cold control JB and LL this is what I would do. I think it is good for both teams.

that sounds good  to me but I would rather Nylander as he should help now and score some goals for us, but either way builds the team for next year

Archived