The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Miller be re-signed or traded?

*Buzzsaw*

Ryan Miller future with Canucks?  

204 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

53 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Bo, but Miller is by far our MVP. He should have been at the all star game instead of Mike Smith, Arizona just didn't have anyone to represent them.

I happen to agree with this.  Nothing against Bo's play. But Miller has stolen how many points this year?

59 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Demko's poopinthebed as we type. He hasn't set the world'afire, just yet. We'd best keep Jacob in the neighbourhood.

2013-2014 - Boston College - GAA 2.21

2014-2015 - Boston College - GAA 2.19

2015-2016 - Boston College - GAA 1.88

Demko will be fine. The Canucks need Miller and Markstrom at this point.

1 minute ago, combover said:

Trade him. Get something for him. Stop allowing assets to walk for nothing. 

Or go with the blundering benning way wait till it's to late don't make any deals then watch them leave for nothing. 

Isn't JB currently in Europe scouting?  Hmmmmmm

I would be okay with a 1st or a 2nd in a trade. As for re-signing, I wouldn't mind one more year if he's willing to go for at least the same if not cheaper. Not 100% confident that Demko is ready for 20-game backup duty yet and I don't want Marky to have to play 65 games in his first season as starter.

Let Demko develop for two more seasons. Resign Miller for two at a cheaper salary that builds in depreciation. We stay consistent in goal. Transition Markstrom into full-time starter on the second year of Miller's new contract. Allow Miller to close out his career as backup. Bring up Demko the following year. New era begins with Markstrom and Demko. 

Our younger guys are that much better. We take the next step forward. Miller served his purpose as the bridge in goal to get us to the next chapter. 

I'm not expecting much from TDL.  We really don't have any assets worth much.

Our UFA's   Miller and Burrows.  At most Miller could fetch a 2nd and Burrows a 3rd.  I don't see anyone else moving with term that affects expansion protection.  UFA's could move at the right price... I don't see anything else going down until the draft.  I think Miller and Burrows could still have value with our team next year so they may not move at all.  

I'd like to trade Miller but there really isn't a trade to be made. Look at the standings. Name a team that's ahead of us in the standings and needs goaltending. Maybe St Louis but do you really see them trading for Miller AGAIN? I don't. So there just isn't a trade to be made. Miller will be a Canuck on March 2nd. 

I'd trade Miller if there's a team out there that are desperate for a goaltender. LA are fine with Quick nearing a return. Only option I can think of is Dallas but yet again, I doubt they throw us a proper offer. If it's a low ball, then it's better to keep Miller especially with the NTC which complicates things a bit. Then re-sign him for a multi year deal worth $4.5 million per so we can use the cap remaining to lock up Bo, Tram and our other prospects coming up next season

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Trade him to a contender and bring him back at half the price of his original deal for another year or two to give Demko time in the minors and play big games.

This exactly.  If we can get a decent pick for him and are not going to make the playoffs anyway, then this is the best choice.  Let someone use his services and vie for the cup.  We can always bring him back and if he was interested in a 1 or 2 year deal at a good price id be happy to see him back.

Archived