The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Bruins

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

This forum is stronger when posters have varied opinions.  If you want a site where everyone just agrees with each other and high fives, well that would be kinda boring....   

Yup. We need you and @Alflives, @LaBamba etc. to enhance the conversation. The nail that stands up gets hammered down though.

3 hours ago, TheCammer said:

I've been watching since 1971. I'd say I've experienced the Canucks and the NHL quite a bit more than you.

I've been there for the leanest of times and the best of times. I've seen really bad management and that is not what we are experiencing right now.

Frankly, pretty tired of the whinging and whining of "fans" that have been watching during the best years of this franchise.

Same since 1977, 84-89 and 96-99 were some tough years but I stuck around.

2 hours ago, pluralsight said:

Your bitterness is amusing, perhaps you should go cheer for the Leafs instead. You and everyone else in this forum might just be better off that way. 

His bitterness? Bro that was the most sour sounding comment I've read all month, if anyone's bitter it's you.

On 2/12/2017 at 11:02 AM, 189lb enforcers? said:

It's a lottery, they know the risks, if you can call it that. 

Playing the odds is a smart move, but you need a ticket to get a lottery chance. Finishig low buys you a great ticket. Pretty simple, don't know why you're confused. The odds were well worth the tank. 

I swear I would love to play poker against the members who think odds are less important than blind luck

35 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Last night and most nights confirm you don't know what you are talking about. The Habs were hammered by a Boston team we were unlucky to lose to. Your blind bias discredits you.

The rest of your rant is the usual BS we have come to expect.

Alf you are the farthest thing about hockey knowledge from any poster on CDC.  Who cares about what the habs did, they have won 1 game in their last 6 and it was a OT win against ARZ.  You don't have a clue in what you're talk about when it comes to hockey, the only thing you know how to do is regurgitate your love affair for WD.  

How many games in the last 15 have the canucks put an actually competing effort in?

CGY - Nope

NSH - Def Nope

PHI - for about 50% of the game

NJ - Nope

NSH - Sure

FLA - Yes

CHI - Nope

COL – for about 50% of the game

ARZ –Nope (it was down right embarrassing)

MIN –Nope

SJ – Nope

NSH – Nope

CBJ – Yes

BOS – for the last 15 min

BUF – Yes

There’s really only 3 games (arguably up to 6 games) in the last 15 that we’ve put in a full effort.  There’s more games that we didn’t even bother to show up.  That is known as under performing.  That is not getting the most out of the team.   

I honestly can’t even stand listening to the garbage you say anymore, there's no supportive facts behind anything you state, it all comes from your fantasy land where WD is god.  You act like WD's white knight that needs to come in a save the day from any criticism. 

6 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Alf you are the farthest thing about hockey knowledge from any poster on CDC.  Who cares about what the habs did, they have won 1 game in their last 6 and it was a OT win against ARZ.  You don't have a clue in what you're talk about when it comes to hockey, the only thing you know how to do is regurgitate your love affair for WD.  

How many games in the last 15 have the canucks put an actually competing effort in?

CGY - Nope

NSH - Def Nope

NJ - Nope

NSH - Sure

FLA - Yes

CHI - Nope

MIN –Nope

SJ – Nope

NSH – Nope

CBJ – Yes

BUF – Yes

There’s really only 3 games (arguably up to 6 games) in the last 15 that we’ve put in a full effort.  There’s more games that we didn’t even bother to show up.  That is known as under performing.  That is not getting the most out of the team.   

I honestly can’t even stand listening to the garbage you say anymore, there's no supportive facts behind anything you state, it all comes from your fantasy land where WD is god.  You act like WD's white knight that needs to come in a save the day from any criticism. 

They are giving it a shot but after this road trip, the season could be over.

14 minutes ago, jmfaminoff said:

They are giving it a shot but after this road trip, the season could be over.

It basically already is.  As it stands today 90 points is the magic number for playoffs.  Here is what teams need to finish off the year to achieve that 90 point mark.

STL: 12-11-3

NSH: 14-12-0

LA: 14-11-2

CGY: 14-9-3

VAN: 16-8-2

DAL: 18-7-0

WPG: 17-5-2

Can we really expect the canucks to finish out the season winning at a 2:1 rate?

12 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

CGY - Nope

NSH - Def Nope

NJ - Nope

NSH - Sure

FLA - Yes

CHI - Nope

MIN –Nope

SJ – Nope

NSH – Nope

CBJ – Yes

BUF – Yes

That is your opinion.

For example you say Boston in the last 15 minutes, what rubbish. And Nashville? rubbish again. You are so childish in your bias, you don't even seem to give the opposition credit OR the Canucks for standing up to that opposition. You don't judge effort or compete level on the result or how much you dominate the opposition (well people with a clue don't anyway) you have to take into account travel, tiredness, level of opposition, whether they were rested, injuries/replacements, number of rookies, etc. On that basis I reckon we have failed to give a good performance maybe 6 times this season.

However if you have such a burning desire to slate the coach it must be hard to see good performances on the ice for fear of weakening your crusade.

You listen to me? Wow that's a feat, how do you manage that? I thought we were all reading these posts. This club would have been in a bad way if we hadn't landed Willie and most of us can see what he has done with not much - compared to other teams.

Your trouble is it suits you to imagine this team is filled with top 5 3rd year pros and Willie is in some way failing in his job by not having them in the top 5 in the league. Delusional, as I say.

3 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Alf (WD's white knight) troubles is, it suits you to imagine this team is filled with trash roster, that jb gave wd no chance to make the team a playoff team and that wd is the only reason we aren't behind the avalanche. You like to pretend being 24th out of 30 teams is a magnicent feat that only the great wd could have achieved. You're terrified that when wd gets canned that you're going to have to take down the poster of him you have hanging in on your bed room walls, so you make up as many excuses as possible for him.  Delusional, as I say.

Fixed that for you 

Archived