The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Bruins

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Btw - Jeff Patterson is an idiot that doesn't know how to read a shift chart.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/shiftcharts?id=2016020815

Bo Horvat's last shift ended at 58:47 - in other words - he took the shift after the Boston goal and left the ice with 1:13 left.

Whatever floats the irrational blame game - whine on CDC.

What would you have done? There was all sorts of standing around between whistles. I'm sure he caught his breath. 

I'm sure Miller would be the first to say that this game was on him anyway, not questionable calls by the coach.

2 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Let a point , possibly two slip there. 

The Canucks carried the play for 15 minutes straight to get the tying goal than let off the gas.  

They are coached to protect a one goal deficit or a tie which can crush a player's killer instinct. It's because of being too young on D and too slow up front without enough offensive threats. It's frustrating when it backfires but it's probably the safest strategy right now. I'd prefer the team pass the torch to the youth more quickly and let the chips fall. Might be surprised what the team can do with eager forwards. 

Bo Horvat's last shift ended at 58:47 - in other words - he took the shift after the Boston goal and left the ice with 1:13 left.

29 other head coaches would have put out their leading scorer after a timeout with 30 seconds left. And seeing that he came off with 1:13 left. That would have given him a minimum 43 second rest. Tack on another 25 seconds it takes to line up. That's about 78 seconds of rest. 

I think the overall game plan is solid, they just need to execute better.

Sit back and defend the 0-0 tie. If we get the first goal, then sit back and defend the lead. If the opponent ties, then defend the tie. If the opponent goes ahead, then sit back and defend the one goal deficit. Wait for a lucky power-play chance and tie it late. Defend tie and attack late for the tie. Win in OT or shootout. The perfect plan! Why are we not winning more?

...and the Sedins stayed out for 1:13 at the end and played 2 minutes of the last 5 compared to just over a minute for Bo.

The story is still valid considering who was playing well and who was struggling.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"We're in the battle for a playoff spot here. To not have gotten at least a point today is very frustrating." - Henrik 

The Canucks seem to be in the business of worrying about getting points. What about the business of playing as good as you're able on any given day? 

Just now, oldnews said:

I'd get my facts straight before whining like a pissy little baby like Patterson.

Oh kay.. I'm not listening to or reading Patterson, whichever medium he's on, but thanks for the non answer. 

I think I would've had Horvat out there, whether or not he just had a shift. I don't think any other teams leading scorers would be riding pine in that situation either.

Just now, Honky Cat said:

1040 totally raking Willie over the coals for his deployment......

Deservedly so.  The  guy is a great communicator, nice guy and has the team playing hard but strategically, he is a disaster.  He seems incapable of getting over his hard-on for the vets.

The Sedins have been out-produced and out-played by Bo and company which was supposed to result in the passing of the torch but WD is still standing  in the way of a true transition. 

If I'm Bo, I'm not believing WD's stated position about rewarding performance.  that is not being applied equally throughout the lineup.

11 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Yeah...consider the ago of Horvat it is too much for him to stay out that long.

Gosh I still don't understand why there are still people trying to defend WD's decision on players deployment.

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Deservedly so.  The  guy is a great communicator, nice guy and has the team playing hard but strategically, he is a disaster.  He seems incapable of getting over his hard-on for the vets.

The Sedins have been out-produced and out-played by Bo and company which was supposed to result in the passing of the torch but WD is still standing  in the way of a true transition. 

If I'm Bo, I'm not believing WD's stated position about rewarding performance.  that is not being applied equally throughout the lineup.

And we're trying to get to the playoffs so he can be seriously out-coached......

Archived