The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Please be SELLERS at the deadline

garthsbutcher

8 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Even ones that can finish a season -20 on the regular? 

Holy crap! We are not a good team, the whole Team is  a big minus! If you think you would not get more for Edler than a 4th or a 5th then you really should go back to X box as you certainly don't understand a players value. I don't even like edler but if JB traded him for that he would be crucified by anyone who knows anything about hockey. Ps he's minus -12 not 20, next time check your facts, the whole team is MINUS!

27 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Holy crap! We are not a good team, the whole Team is  a big minus! If you think you would not get more for Edler than a 4th or a 5th then you really should go back to X box as you certainly don't understand a players value. I don't even like edler but if JB traded him for that he would be crucified by anyone who knows anything about hockey. Ps he's minus -12 not 20, next time check your facts, the whole team is MINUS!

Okay genius

1) why would you even reference x-box, what ???, are you 16?

2) Edler is -12 right now what does that equal for a season? -20. 

3) Sbisa is a + player, so is Tanev, so is baertschi, megna...

4) as a player that consistently coughs the puck up in jr B what happens???? You should know... it clearly sounds like you've played at a higher level than me. 

5) name the last player in real life(not on your Xbox) that was traded for a second Rd pick or more that has had a -39 season and had 4 out of 5 seasons in the minus. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding them, there's probably 3-4 traded every deadline.  Unless of course they're to valuable to part with :lol: 

1 hour ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Okay genius

1) why would you even reference x-box, what ???, are you 16?

2) Edler is -12 right now what does that equal for a season? -20. 

3) Sbisa is a + player, so is Tanev, so is baertschi, megna...

4) as a player that consistently coughs the puck up in jr B what happens???? You should know... it clearly sounds like you've played at a higher level than me. 

5) name the last player in real life(not on your Xbox) that was traded for a second Rd pick or more that has had a -39 season and had 4 out of 5 seasons in the minus. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding them, there's probably 3-4 traded every deadline.  Unless of course they're to valuable to part with :lol: 

Omg, you can't be this stupid! I guess by your logic then Megna is worth a first and the twins who are -16 are worth maybe a 7th? Thank god you are not our GM "genius! Why don't you post a topic to see if Edler is worth more than a 4th or a 5th and stop focussing on a high minute d man on a Crappy team!! MEGNA lol! Forecasting plus - minus based on a full season, you're a beauty Kid! If you don't think we could get more then you really are just a complete moron. You're wrong so just go away.

22 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Great to see Burrows raising his value for a TDL deal.   Thats just fantastic to see.  The guy knows  how to compete......

He would be a great addition to most clubs for a playoff run this year.

Only one exception to that. What if.....

We trade Burrows to Montreal, or worse, a Western Conference team, and then miracle of miracles we squeeze into the playoffs...

Even worse...we meet up with the team that Burrows is playing on. Damn that would hurt. Ok, I'll stop it now.

On 2/11/2017 at 5:18 PM, Alflives said:

Alf has been calling for tfading away guys at TDLs for three years with JB.  The first two TDLs and JB did nothing, allowing all our UFAs to leave for zero return.  Why should this TDL be any different?  

Year 1 playoff team. Playoff teams don't tend to sell. Guess where July's ufa's come from? Playoff teams.

Year 2 there were 2 pending ufa's worth something. Both tied Bennings hands with ntc's.

Year 3 we'll see.

Concerning year one - So you tell your guys the goal is to make the playoffs, they work their butts off to get into a playoff position, then you trade away your pending ufa's and replace them with career ahl'ers. Which of course means dropping out of that playoff picture again. What message does that send to the players? "Good job boys but now we're going to screw you."

2 hours ago, Baggins said:

Year 1 playoff team. Playoff teams don't tend to sell. Guess where July's ufa's come from? Playoff teams.

Year 2 there were 2 pending ufa's worth something. Both tied Bennings hands with ntc's.

Year 3 we'll see.

Concerning year one - So you tell your guys the goal is to make the playoffs, they work their butts off to get into a playoff position, then you trade away your pending ufa's and replace them with career ahl'ers. Which of course means dropping out of that playoff picture again. What message does that send to the players? "Good job boys but now we're going to screw you."

Concerning year one - If the plan was to rebuild through the draft (with high picks) Vrbata & Miller wouldn't have been signed.  The plan never was to trade away UFA's.  Though it still didn't make sense not trading them last year, considering being out of the playoffs and having no plans to resign those players.

28 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Concerning year one - If the plan was to rebuild through the draft (with high picks) Vrbata & Miller wouldn't have been signed.  The plan never was to trade away UFA's.  Though it still didn't make sense not trading them last year, considering being out of the playoffs and having no plans to resign those players.

1st - You seem to forget the goal of competing for a playoff spot while rebuilding. Vrbata and Miller cost us nothing more than cap space and helped in making the playoffs two years ago.

2nd - We all know what happened at last years trade deadline. You tankers just won't accept both tied Bennings hands with their ntc's. Vrbata gave a bogus list he knew wouldn't be interested. Dallas was the only team of the three Hamhuis gave that even made an enquiry and gave a bogus last minute offer. Screw them. Washington made an offer and Hamhuis refused to go there. Accept it and get over it. There isn't a team in the league that hasn't lost players to free agency.

4 hours ago, Baggins said:

1st - You seem to forget the goal of competing for a playoff spot while rebuilding. Vrbata and Miller cost us nothing more than cap space and helped in making the playoffs two years ago.

2nd - We all know what happened at last years trade deadline. You tankers just won't accept both tied Bennings hands with their ntc's. Vrbata gave a bogus list he knew wouldn't be interested. Dallas was the only team of the three Hamhuis gave that even made an enquiry and gave a bogus last minute offer. Screw them. Washington made an offer and Hamhuis refused to go there. Accept it and get over it. There isn't a team in the league that hasn't lost players to free agency.

A little off on time frames there, Chicago was interested in Hamhuis2 weeks before the TDL but he wasn't approached about it until a little later, by then Chicago had made their move. Once the subject was brought up/public, Dallas made an offer, Benning held out for more and then notified Hamhuis, once Hamhuis okayed a trade,Benning wanted more then Dallas had left to offer, Dallas still tried after they signed Russell.

Tankers? Don't you understand this team doesn't need to do anything to be near the very bottom? To not accept that the team is not very good is called being in denial.

IF the team had tanked last year they MIGHT have had a better chance at getting a NHL star player rather than a player who is a star on this group. There is a difference.

11 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Tankers? Don't you understand this team doesn't need to do anything to be near the very bottom? To not accept that the team is not very good is called being in denial.

IF the team had tanked last year they MIGHT have had a better chance at getting a NHL star player rather than a player who is a star on this group. There is a difference.

IMG_1524.JPG

4 hours ago, Baggins said:

People tend to forget that Miller was hurt the last half of the season and Eddie Lack got us into the playoffs only to crap the bed and Miller crapped the bed in game 6. Its painful but true.

One prospect I'd absolutely love for the Canucks to aquire is Radovan Bondra. But I don't think Chicago would part with him... looking at the way he could skate with that 6'5 frame, makes me think he'll make the NHL and if he could get the same shot his dad had, he'll be something  special in the NHL in a few years.

8 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

One prospect I'd absolutely love for the Canucks to aquire is Radovan Bondra. But I don't think Chicago would part with him... looking at the way he could skate with that 6'5 frame, makes me think he'll make the NHL and if he could get the same shot his dad had, he'll be something  special in the NHL in a few years.

Great name at the very least.

Rad for short.

On 2/11/2017 at 4:52 PM, garthsbutcher said:

Burrows( can re sign him next year) Gaunce( not sure who would want him), Edler( please waive your no trade) Miller waives to a contender, Biega for anything, and in a perfect world THE TWINS taking back a bad contract ie clarkson, bolland with no more than one year term or hopefully UFA. I'd listen to offers for Hansen but it would have to be an overpayment!

how could you even mention such a player for the twins? how insanely bad would we look if we traded the Sedins for the player who made fun of them on live radio and always beat us when he was with chi. 

Archived